PDA

View Full Version : I have had it!

Archive
11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p> Looking through reprints while trying to find vintage cards on Ebay is really starting to get to me. I waste so much time searching the fine print in the auction description to make sure that it does not state card may be a reprint. How about Ebay having a section to list reprints in? It's shady at best to state that "it doesn't say reprint anywhere". Sorry to vent but does anyone else here share my aggravation? <br /> Regards, Chris<br />

Archive
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>That's a great idea. I curse the guys selling reprints on eBay every day. In many cases, you have to wade through a bunch of fine print to find the disclaimer, which is often cloaked in a bunch of B.S. ("I believe it's real, but I'm listing it as a reprint per eBay rules!"). It's even worse with photos, which are often labeled "vintage," but when you get to the fine print, the description says something like, "This is a professional quality reprint made from an original negative, no cheap laserprint here!," or some such nonsense ...

Archive
11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I really wish ebay would implement the ability to block certain sellers from your browsing/search results.

Archive
11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris D</b><p>I have the same problem when I search under the vintage photo category. Half the photos or more are of current players or vintage reprints. It is always the same sellers.

Archive
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Brett</b><p>im getting sick and tired of seeing t206 Wagner reprints on ebay. theres pages and pages of them and nobody wants the damn things. the sellers also try to sell them for $5-$10 sometimes too which is just stupid...

Archive
11-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>I think most of us have had it with ebay, but until someone starts up another auction site we are stuck with this crappy ebay. PS Yahoo does not have much for us. Rob

Archive
11-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Not pre-war, but one of my favorites. <br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120178018479" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120178018479</a><br /><br /><br />"Not a Reprint" in the headline.<br /><br />"This is a reprint" in the copy. <br /><br />His buyers feedback shows the last item he bought (10/22) was this card, sold as a reprint. <br /><br /><br />Sorry, if I offended anyone by outing this auction.

Archive
11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...to fashion searches to avoid some of the spam.<br /><br />For example, try searching: "(t206,t-206,t 206) -(wagner,topps)" and you will get rid of all of the fake wagners and 2002 topps issues. Yes, it's true that you won't get any real wagner's in your search. But then again real Wagners on ebay are a bit out of your price range (and if they aren't, then you ought to be buying one somewhere else). <br /><br />

Archive
11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>you mean all those honus wagner cards are worthless??? sh*t!!! i've been stocking up...