PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Selling PSA 6 Lenox Back T206

Archive
10-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Posted By: <b>goodnightnow</b><p>I have a PSA-6 Lenox back T206 Cy Seymour, portrait, card that I'm interested in selling. I've done some research and apparently a Lenox back T206 card in this high of a grade is very rare. I'm wondering, if I should put this card up for auction on eBay or with one of the auction houses like Mastro, SCP/Sotheby's, Memorylane, etc. Or maybe, one of you might know someone who primarily collects rare back T206s and would be interested in it. I'd sincerely appreciate hearing any suggestions on what might be the best way to market & sell this PSA-6 Lenox back Cy Seymour T206 card. Thanks for your time. TR

Archive
10-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Posted By: <b>bruce Dorskind</b><p><br /><br />According to Vintage Card prices only 1 Black Lennox PSA 6 has been sold<br />on E Bay and at the auctions houses (about 12) monitored by VCP during<br />the past 18 months.<br /><br />That card was of Schaffer and it sold in September 2006 for abput 2500.<br /><br />Our recommendation would be to go an auction house and see<br />if you can get the Lennox to be a featured item. We'd suggest a<br />smaller auction company for this one...like Sloate or Goodwin<br /><br /><br />Bruce Dorskind<br />America's Toughest Want List

Archive
10-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i don't agree with Bruce's value estimate (i think his number is too high)...but it is a rare card nonetheless...<br /><br />this might not be the right area for such a post, but i would be interested in talking to you about selling it privately...i will email you.<br /><br />michael

Archive
10-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>i think bruce's number is too low.<br /><br />a washington schaffer sold for $2550.01 on 9-24-06.<br /><br />have prices gone down in the last year? from my experience the prices for rare backs have risen in the last year.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
10-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>the prices for rare backs has definitely RISEN, i just thought that number sounded high...but i do stand corrected, it appears a PSA 6 sold last year for $2550...so i guess bruce was not far off (my apologies)...<br /><br />i have a PSA 4 Lenox that i value at around $1000, maybe that is worth more? T206 rare backs are certainly tuff in mid-high grade and command top dollar.

Archive
10-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>The last PSA 4 Lenox also went last September...but for $471...go figure.

Archive
10-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i remember that one, i thought that was "pulled" off of eBay early? i could be mistaken...

Archive
10-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> It looks like Bruce said the card sold for about $2500, why are you guys saying that was his value estimate of the card? Thats an actual selling price he quoted not an opinion

Archive
10-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>that was my bad, sorry guys, i read his post too fast and thought it was his value estimate, not a sale price...i already apologized...

Archive
10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>Michael, the $471 would have been an ending price...it wouldn't have showed up as an auction result otherwise. Maybe everybody was just asleep that day...however just a short time before that auction another PSA 4 went in the $600's

Archive
10-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>thanks for the info, i got my PSA 4 earlier this year for close to $1000 in a big cash/trade deal...<br />

Archive
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Posted By: <b>TR</b><p>Michael, Sorry for not acknowledging your response to my posted message about my PSA-6 Lenox back T206 Cy Seymour portrait card. Per your message; you can email me at trreeves@cox.net, if you are still interested in discussing this card. Thanks very much for your reply message. TR

Archive
10-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Posted By: <b>TR</b><p>Bruce, Thanks so much for your response to my question, regarding my PSA-6 Lenox back Cy Seymour card and sorry for not acknowledging it sooner then now. I appreciate your suggestions on trying one of the smaller auction houses like Sloate or Goodwin and getting it as one of the featured items in the auction. I'm curious though. Are recommending one of the smaller auction houses, because I would have a better chance of them agreeing to feature my PSA-6 Lenox back card and/or is there another reason? Thanks again, TR

Archive
10-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Posted By: <b>TR</b><p>Thanks for the feedback, Dave and sorry for not acknowledging it before now. TR

Archive
10-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>for a high priced item id consider ebay or smaller auction house like mentioned...anyone who wants it directly may not offer full value of the card, stating other's estimates are too high..."of course they're too high, you want the card!"<br /><br />there are plenty of people on ebay that will pay full price for that card, as well as in the auction houses

Archive
10-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Posted By: <b>TR</b><p>Andy, Sincerely appreciate the feedback and sorry for the delay in acknowledging it before now. TR

Archive
10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Posted By: <b>TR</b><p>Anthony, Thank you for your "hot of the press" suggestions on selling this T206 card. TR

Archive
10-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>TR- thanks for your response...<br /><br />email sent.<br /><br />regards,<br />Michael Sarno