PDA

View Full Version : What is with all these OTs?

Archive
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>No offense to anyone's special hobbyhorse, and I realize it is World Series time (and I liked Seinfeld as much as the next person) but still, I look at the top of the first page and most of what I see has nothing to do with old baseball cards. Can we all just resolve to be a little restrained about these? There are no doubt plenty of other boards for these topics. <br /><br />Cheers,<br />Tim

Archive
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Posted By: <b>chris bland</b><p>Its become "off-topic" to post something about cards!

Archive
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Tim - I couldn't agree with you more.

Archive
10-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I agree and do want to step in a little to say "lets get back to talking about pre-war baseball cards again".....I hate to lock threads when it's an everyday participant though.....so please do police yourselves....We appreciate it.....moderator dude...

Archive
10-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> I think everyones memory is getting clouded by the nostalgic feeling of the board because as someone who has been here before day 1,if you go back to the beginning youll see off topic posts,youll see alot more bashing of everything from auction houses to ebay to newbies on the board and just plain arguing,and shutter to think it,people talking like friends. This board is ten times better than it was when it started and i cant believe people get mad now over friendships on the board. Some of these people have been here for over 6 years just on this board and knew each other from the fullcount board,youre going to have some actual talking thats an offspring of friendships and youll have off topic posts as a result. There might be more at one point in time than the next,who knows next week there may be 1 all week, but its by no means nothing new and by no means a thread you have to engage in. Ive skipped tons of threads on this board,both off topic and card related if its something that doesnt particulary interest me.<br /><br /> If you have a board thats all business then youll have alot less posts,that might not be bad for some people,but for others it gives them something to do when they arent posting serious stuff which you just cant do all the time because how much new stuff is there to learn. In reality if people used the search feature here,half the on topic questions would never be asked because theres 6+ years of expertise from some of the most knowledgable people in the vintage collecting field that answered those questions years ago.