PDA

View Full Version : Grading

Archive
10-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Posted By: <b>joseph</b><p>I just picked up a T206 Mathewson Dark Cap<br />in NM condition. I am going to get it graded. I have had card graded before but not for a real long time. Is there anyway that I can get this card graded by PSA? The last time I used PSA I sent it to them. Do I have to send it to a third party to get it checked? If I do need to send it off , does anybody recommend anyone? I could send it to SGC but since I am going to sell the card I believe PSA would get the best price.

Archive
10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>You have to be a Collector's Club member in order to send the card to PSA at a minimum cost of $99 plus grading and shipping fees. SGC will just charge you for the grading and return shipping and I think would be more economical for you,

Archive
10-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I believe the $99 Collector's Club fee includes six free submissions. You can check their website for details. If you only have one card to grade, SGC might be the way to go. They might be the way to go regardless.<br />JimB

Archive
10-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Posted By: <b>joseph</b><p>I know about PSA's club and I don't want to use it. Isn't there third party PSA grading people? These guys get your card and send it in to PSA instead of joining their club. Has anyone used them before and if you have can you recommend someone?

Archive
10-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Joe,<br /><br />I think you can send your card in through a authorized PSA dealer and not have to join the club. Pretty sure there is a list of dealers on their website you can check for one nearest you.