PDA

View Full Version : Older baseball card shows

Archive
10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Does anyone know how I can find listings of baseball card shows that have more cards from the 60's and older. Every one I go to around Louisville KY has mostly 70's and newer. thanks

Archive
10-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I'm not aware of any such special listing - the newer stuff seems to be a bulk of the market so that's what the majority will be at shows; find a bigger show and you'll find more vintage dealers. I would imagine some shows are known for having more vintage dealers, but I don't think there is a compiled list.<br />However, we can try and start one here.

Archive
10-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>The closest thing around Louisville will be the Chicago shows -- about a 5 hour drive.<br /><br />Otherwise you will be lucky to see even one table at a local show dedicated to pre-war.

Archive
10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p>There is a show in Columbus, Ohio at the armory (downtown). I think it sets up 2 or 3 times a year and there is typically a bunch of older stuff there, as best I can remember. The key is getting to know the shows and the dealers who work the shows. Just look for shows with LOTS of tables.. the more tables the more chances of finding older stuff. <br><br>martyOgelvie<br />nyyankeecards.com

Archive
10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Moeller High School in Cincinnati Ohio has a pretty nice show during Thanksgiving weekend.

Archive
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Shanon Ping</b><p>Moeller is the show to hit, always a large selection of old stuff.