PDA

View Full Version : T206 Pricing

Archive
10-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Posted By: <b>George</b><p>Hello,<br />I am new to the forum and have found this to be an exceptional source of information on vintage cards...so many experts and great topics! Can anyone point me in the right direction for a source to determine pricing for T206 cards? I understand that there are several sources such as t206.org, t206museum.com and T206 estimator(for 2006-2007 ebay auctions) but are there other sources or one that experienced T206 collectors often use? I have recently purchased many of my T206 cards from ebay to fulfill my addiction (I think it will be a lifelong one...and painfully expensive at times) and just don't want to overpay (at least not too many times). Thanks.<br /><br />George

Archive
10-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Are you buying your cards graded or raw?

Archive
10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>"The Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards" Price guide is great<br /><br />Borders Books and Barnes and Nobles should have it<br /><br />oldcardboard.com - the few that you mentioned are great - vintagecardprices and cardpricer.com <br /><br />PSA SMR for graded cards<br /><br />look at the forum links<br /><br />good luck<br /><br />Jimmy

Archive
10-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>You've already received some good answers.<br />I simply want to say how pleased I am to have another lover of 206s on board.<br />Welcome! You'll find many great 206 colleagues here.<br />The MONSTER will want you to quit. Don't listen to it.<br /><br />all the best,<br /><br />barry

Archive
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>I used vintagecardprices.com to accurately determine the appropriate market for my cards. I am unaware of a more accurate guide.

Archive
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>All the sites that have prices are for graded cards. The only raw prices are in the paper price guides and they seem to miss all the nuiances of the set. If you are collecting grade the sites work great, if you want to buy raw watch ebay for a couple of months, that is about the best you can do.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
10-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Posted By: <b>George</b><p>Folks,<br />Thank you so much for all the great insight! It is much appreciated. I have a lot of learning to do and I think over time will get a better sense of the hobby and what is a "fair" price to pay for some cards. I've been trying to collect both graded and ungraded cards although I honestly prefer the raw cards unless there's a lower grade HOF that I can pick up at a reasonable price. The suggestion about monitoring previous ebay auctions is definitely a good metric although eBay seems to have smartened up and now and limit the history of completed listings unless you want to pay extra to view longer periods of time.<br /><br />I also am fascinated by the mix of unique hard to find backs and that in and of itself can drive someone crazy....I'm sure it already has for some folks. Anyway, thank you again for the quick responses and great links. Looking forward to having more dialogue with the great people on this site.<br /><br />George

Archive
10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Ed Ivey</b><p>vintagecardprices.com. Proud member.

Archive
10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric Brehm</b><p>I use both Sports Market Report (SMR) and vintagecardprices.com for graded cards. SMR prices are probably based on a larger data base, and are good for assessing long term trends, but they often lag behind when there are fundamental changes in the market. vintagecardprices is good for assessing current market prices, particularly with relatively scarce cards that are thinly traded and don't have an extensive track record of prices that can be averaged.<br /><br />In any case, SMR is important because people do in fact use it as a reference point, for better or for worse, when making buying decisions; it is to a large degree self-fulfilling prophesy.

Archive
10-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>George</b><p>Thank you for the information. I have been using SMR recently and it is quite amusing to see how many PSA graded cards come very close to the SMR pricing...definitely agree that at times it's a self fulfilling prophecy.<br /><br />George