PDA

View Full Version : CSA Graded Cap Anson

Archive
10-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Ken W.</b><p>Is this possibly legit? Or is this a fake with an equally fake grading company? Hate to out an auction, but I've never heard of CSA.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290168268782&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290168268782&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019</a><br /><br /><br />Thanks,<br />Ken<br /><br />

Archive
10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>The card looks and is most likely real...the problem is it is most likely altered as well. CSA is notorious for grading trimmed or colored cards. And the grade is usually 2-3 higher then what it should be by a legitimate grading company. I learned the hard way about 5 years ago and bought a T206 Matty Port in a CSA 9 that came back trimmed from PSA. Unless it is graded by SGC, PSA, GAI or BVG there is a lot doubt and high risk involved in buying.

Archive
10-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Peter_Spaeth</b><p>Almost always, there is a reason a card is in the holder it is in, and not some other holder.

Archive
10-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>There have been quite a few bad and overgraded cards in their holders.

Archive
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Box,<br /><br />Agreed but the same can be said for all of them...GAI has tightened up the ship supposedly. The only difference between them all is SGC stands behind what they do and will pay you for their mistakes.

Archive
10-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Bobby - certainly every company can make mistakes, but CSA is an entirely different league then SGC/GAI/PSA. In my experience. their "mistakes" border on negligence and are exponentially more common then with the big 3.<br />

Archive
10-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>If it's not altered it looks like a 3 or a 4, because there is some back staining.<br /><br />If the right border is trimmed, and it doesn't look right, then it would grade "Auth"<br /><br />That's quite a precipitous fall from a 7!

Archive
10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Matt,<br /><br />I was not saying CSA made mistakes...I was referring to the big 4 and CSA was not even mentioned in that post. I would never touch a CSA graded card again..

Archive
10-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Bobby - sorry - I missed reading the bolded title on the message you were responding to.

Archive
10-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>right border trimmed........look at top left and then right borders and likely soaked out of something because of the back staining. Still worth the bid now and relatively clean front on the card. Good colors.......<br /><br />

Archive
10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Ken W.</b><p>Thanks guys. My main concern was authenticity. The card looked OK to me, but wasn't sure if that grading company was even a real company - I've been burned by that AAA son-of-a-..... Not sure if I'll bid yet. Still a pretty low price as of now, even if it has been altered. I don't really care about that stuff, since I never sell anything. Just NO REPRINTS.

Archive
10-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Ken - your issue is going to be that people who think CSA is a legit grading company are going to bid this up to close to where it would be if it was. I've seen it on enough ebay auctions to know that once I see a CSA auction I just go right on by.

Archive
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Ken- I would stay away from that card. I think you will regret it if you buy it. Just my professional opinion.

Archive
10-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>looks more trimmed on the bottom than the right...just my opinion, not on my list anyways<br /><br />another thing to remember is the scans/photos...they can play tricks on our eyes