PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Caporal Box

Archive
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Vic Stanley</b><p><br />Have just got this box. It say Sweet Caporal. How do I tell if this was a box that T206 came in?<br /><br />Any help would be appreciated<br /><br />The Blue Tax Stamp says Act of Aug 5, 1909<br /><br />This is on the side of the box<br /><br />Factory No. 30 2nd Dist State of New York<br /><br /><br />Vic Stanley<br /><br />

Archive
10-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Welcome to our board. Does the blue stamp have an overprint stamped date on it? That is the most accurate way to tell if it could have come with a card.....Then we go from there....

Archive
10-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Vic Stanley</b><p><br />Has some black printing. Looks like numbers<br /><br />I can make out July 18<br /><br />

Archive
10-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Sweet Caporal made 3 series of baseball cards from Factory 30. We really need to see the rest of the date to be sure there is/was at least a possibility of baseball card in it, unless of course, there is one still in it. My understanding is that even if everything is correct there is still a chance either the card wasn't a baseball card or there wasn't one at all....The best we can usually do is say that there is definitely a possibility of one coming in it. IF the date, and/or stamp are incorrect, then we can rule out a baseball card....