PDA

View Full Version : old red label CSA cards - opinions

Archive
04-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Way back when the grading was young the CSA company slabbed cards. They were in smaller holders with red labeling.<br /><br />The newer CSA is understood to be somewhat of a joke.<br /><br />Any luck cracking and resubmitting to PSA the old CSA cards? Also crossover attempts to PSA?<br /><br />Thanks, Steve.

Archive
04-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>CSA is based in London OHIO and has been in the business since shortly after PSA got the boom going. In between the "red label" and the newer clear holder, they utilized an ugly blue (with embossed gold lettering & grades) in the late late '90's, didn't keep them too long. I used them almost exclusively before SGC entered the business; good customer service and timely turnarounds. I have cracked 4 CSA cards and all came back with relatively equal SGC grades. Have not tried the newer holder, but both the old "red label" and blue holders were among the easiest to crack...

Archive
04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Saucier</b><p>Same here, I cracked some out of the old blue holders and I estimate 50%-75% got a PSA bump. The rest got an equal grade. Call it luck, I dunno.<br /><br />At one time CSA was in real competition with PSA and accorinding to a former exec..had them very worried.