PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Slabs Take Up Too Much Space...To the Garbage?

Archive
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>I use to go to a lot of card shows and I still go to the major card shows in the SF-Bay Area. I've accumulated a lot of plastic slabs of all shapes and sizes. Some of the cards from the slabs have been graded, other cards have been inserted into plastic sheets for easy storage. Now I have all these attractive but virtually useless plastic slabs lying around, I'm tempted to throw most of them into the garbage can.<br /><br />Are there any alternative hobby uses for these plastic slabs? I still use some of the slabs for inserting key common cards in, but I still have a lot of slabs left over.<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>John Basilone</b><p>"attractive but virtually useless plastic slabs lying around"<br /><br />I've never heard anyone describe a top-loader as "attractive".

Archive
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Pomilla</b><p>"I've never heard anyone describe a top-loader as "attractive"."<br /><br />Maybe to a lady top-loader.

Archive
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>William Brumbach</b><p>I just threw out about 3000-4000 toploaders about three months ago. Most all of my cards are either in plastic sheets or penny sleeves and monster boxes in the garage ready to be given away. If you say that you still go to shows, is it worth seeing if any of the dealers would be interested in them? The guys with tables stacked with dollar cards who could use some cheap/free supplies?

Archive
09-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>It doesn't matter if you are talking about toploaders or the grading company slab halfs, both have value as stiffeners in packaging used by people who trade cards. And if they are pretty clean, sellers can use them too.

Archive
09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>I'm keeping my top loaders for storing star cards. When I'm talking about having extra plastic slabs lying around, I'm talking about slabs that require you to take 4 screws out in order to get the card out.<br /><br />These slabs are really to heavy to use as protective packaging, but offering them to card dealers is a good idea.<br /><br />Peter C.