PDA

View Full Version : ebay Event

Archive
09-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Pomilla</b><p>eBay is on the road and we are coming to Manhattan! Please join us at the Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel to participate in our eBay In-Person event on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 5:00 PM.<br /><br /><br />Join us for an evening of fun, information and eBay connections!<br />eBay In-Person is an interactive event that provides you with a forum to ask questions and share feedback. It's also the perfect opportunity to meet with eBay staff and mingle with other buyers and sellers from the Manhattan area.<br /><br /><br />5:00 PM to 6:00 PM - Registration Opens and (optional) Individual Account Assistance<br /><br />Enjoy complimentary food and beverages while eBay staff from Trust & Safety, Buyer & Seller Experience, PayPal and Customer Support are available for one-on-one personal assistance with buying and selling questions or account concerns. Take the opportunity to meet and share experiences with other eBay members from the Manhattan area in a casual and friendly setting. <br /><br /><br />6:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Roundtable Discussions with Panel Members<br /><br />Join one of several Roundtable discussions led by eBay staff and share your specific concerns, opinions, and suggestions for changes, improvements, or new features with eBay staff as well as local eBay community members. <br /><br /><br />7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Question & Answer Panel<br /><br />Sound off! eBay executive staff will lead a Q&A panel discussion to answer questions or comments from you, our members.<br /><br /><br />We hope that you will join us for eBay In-Person. Your input and feedback are crucial! We want to hear what's on your mind, answer questions, and listen to your suggestions for improving your buying and selling experiences on eBay.<br /><br /><br />Please RSVP* by Wednesday, September 19, 2007:<br /><a href="http://www.inpersonevents.com/manhattan" target="_new" rel="nofollow"><a href="http://www.inpersonevents.com/manhattan</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.inpersonevents.com/manhattan</a</a>><br /><br /><br />* You will NEVER be asked for your eBay password on this registration form. eBay will never ask you to enter sensitive information (like your password) in an email.<br /><br /><br />Thank you for being a part of the eBay Community and for your continued buying and selling on eBay. We look forward to seeing you!<br /><br /><br />Sincerely,<br /><br /><br />Lisa Laursen <br />eBay Community Development <br />eBay, Inc.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Event Information<br /><br /><br />1. When and where is the eBay In-Person event?<br /><br /><br />Date:<br />Thursday, September 27, 2007 <br />5:00 PM - 8:00 PM<br /><br /><br />Location:<br />Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City <br />569 Lexington Avenue <br />New York, NY 10022 <br />212-752-7000<br /><br /><br />Parking:<br />No parking is available. We encourage participants to take public transportation.<br /><br /><br />2. Can I bring someone with me?<br /><br /><br />Yes, please feel free to bring a guest with you, just let us know in your RSVP response! *Attendees must be 15 years or older to attend.*<br /><br /><br />3. Will I have a chance to discuss my account with someone?<br /><br /><br />eBay staff at the event will do their best to answer and address specific questions and issues related to your buying and selling on eBay. If you have a question or issue that we are unable to answer or address at the In-Person event, we will take your information and have an eBay Customer Support representative follow-up with you after the event.<br /><br /><br />4. Why did I receive this invitation?<br /><br /><br />This invitation was sent to a random selection of active Manhattan-area eBay buyers who had opted-in to receive marketing communications from eBay.<br /><br /><br />5. Will food be provided at the event?<br /><br /><br />Hearty appetizers and beverages will be served at the event.<br /><br /><br />Please RSVP by Wednesday, September 19th: <a href="http://www.inpersonevents.com/manhattan" target="_new" rel="nofollow"><a href="http://www.inpersonevents.com/manhattan</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.inpersonevents.com/manhattan</a</a>><br /><br /><br />Thank you!

Archive
09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Sir,<br /><br />If you are with eBay or if any eBay Executive reads this, then would you PLEASE BAR an eBay seller with the ID's of ACOFIND, fourducks and Theolestuff from EVER selling anything on your website again??<br /><br />For over two years I have complained to your company about this guy because he sells fakes and reproductions. Right now, he has a 1928 Babe Ruth Candy wrapper (item #160156471877) listed as "original;" and it is a reproduction. He has listed this wrapper (and it has sold) at least four times before. He also currently has a 1960 Bazooka Bubble Gum card of Mickey Mantle (#160156473162) which he has listed (and sold) numerous times. Each of these Mantle cards LOOK the same and have the SAME print marks or defects. How can that be?? Either he is using the SAME picture over and over (fraud because the buyer WILL NOT be getting what is pictured) or he is selling reprints. My guess is reprints because he has numerous Negative feedbacks for selling fakes and reprints. One person on this board has bought a reprint baseball movie poster from him which the seller described as "old and original".<br /><br />The seller also currently has a (Daisy?) butter churn listed. I don't know about this one but others he has listed (and sold) in the past were FAKE because Daisy(?) NEVER made them in the size he was selling. You can GOOGLE ACOFIND and see people's comments about him. You can also GOOGLE Daisy butter churns and see that fakes and reproductions are being sold.<br /><br />I hope you will take care of this scam artist once and for all before he steals more people's money,<br /><br />David<br /><br />PS, Here are ACOFIND's rules for biders. This was listed under the Babe Ruth Candy wrapper. IF you notice under their other auctions, they have different rules people have to follow if you they want to bid.<br /><br /><br />"Notice: 1. Shipping, Handling, & Insurance charges are $7.99 on 1 pounds to the lower 48 United States. <br /><br />2. A handling fee has been included to cover packing materials and other cost involved in selling this item. <br /><br />3. Alaska, Hawaii, & all International bidders should email & receive a shipping quote before placing a bid. There is a $2.00 fee on all International shipments. <br /><br />4. We DO combine shipping charges. Email for a quote before placing a bid.<br /><br />5. This item is being sold in the condition described & there is no return. Should an exception be made, Shipping & PayPal fees, will not be included. Shipping will not be refunded for any reason. <br /><br />6. We make no guarantees on an items age unless otherwise stated. If we supply a date or age to an item it is only our opinion. <br /><br />7. We will try our best to be accurate in our age opinion, however we will not issue a refund based on age. The bidder is responsible for knowing what he or she is bidding on.<br /><br />8. Feedback is retuned daily, only after it has been received.<br /><br />9. We receive emails from time to time asking why we hold private auctions. There are two main reasons. One is that some of our repeat customers prefer to remain anonymous. The main reason however is to prevent bidder & seller interference, such as bidders cutting our item down to run off potential buyers with the intent to purchase it cheaper. Or sellers redirecting our bidders to there item. <br /><br />10. Our Feedback of 99.6% on nearly 3000 sales should show that we are a reputable dealer and do our best to provide the correct information on what we are selling."<br /><br /><br />Please note rules 3, 6/7 and 9.<br /><br />Rule 3 -- "A $2.00 dollar Fee is charged on ALL International orders". Why? What is so different of difficult about International orders? I sell on eBay and International orders are not any big deal.<br /><br />Rules 6/7 -- (I LOVE these). He makes no guaranteee on an items age unless stated but even when stated, it is just an opinion. So, his guarantee is no guarantee at all and when combined with Rule 7, it means he can list a FAKE item and say it is old. Then, when questioned on it, he can say it is just an opinion even though an ACTUAL YEAR OF MANUFACTURE IS LISTED IN THE TITLE AND THE DESCRIPTION. <br /><br />After said item is sold and the buyer complains it is fake, ACOFIND can say the guarantee is no guarantee but just an opinion and because of that there will be no refund given and that the buyer should know what they are bidding on.<br /><br />Rule 9 -- ACOFIND's auctions are mostly PRIVATE because; 1) he does not want people E-Mailing prospective Buyers and telling them the item is a fake or reproduction and 2) because he can shill his auctions easier.<br /><br />Thank you for your time,<br /><br />David

Archive
09-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Pomilla</b><p>No, I'm not with ebay, but rather received this in my email (did anyone else receive this?). Thought it might be a good opportunity for people in the near area to personally buttonhole them on some of the issues that have been raised on this board.

Archive
09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Bob,<br /><br />I am sorry that I responded to you then. I was hoping an actual eBay representative was on the board.<br /><br />If any one DOES go to this event and tries to "buttonhole" an eBay representative and talk about these issues, I bet they either 1) walk away or 2) act like a slimy politician and hide behind the old "we are just a portal or website for sellers and have no responsibility for the items listed" excuse. If they try that, ask them why MORE name brand companies are suing them for fake and reproduction items listed on eBay.....

Archive
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Leave your post up. I will have the person I work with at ebay take a look at it and see if he can help. It will be Monday before I can let him know though....regards