PDA

View Full Version : Need player info help!

Archive
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Ron</b><p>I received this email from a friend and thought I would post to this board, if anyone could come up with any info it would be here (you guys are the best)....<br /><br />I got an email last week from a woman (Kim) who is seeking a baseball card of her great grandfather. As near as I can tell, he never played in the major leagues but spent many years in the minor leagues. His name was Jack Cocash, but the spellings vary; it may have been spelled Kokesh back then. <br /> <br />She has isolated his playing time from 1906-1915. I had googled the name and found that he had tied Fred Merkle for the Southern Michigan League home run lead in 1907. Later on, he played in other leagues, such as the Southern League (Arkansas Travelers?), the three I league, with Seattle of Pacific Coast League (I didn't find him on any Zeenuts checklists, hwoever), and with a team called the Packards (Kansas City?). <br /> <br />She is really hoping there is a baseball card of him. There is a scan from a scrapbook within a word document. It does say that he played for the NY Giants in 1909, but I don't see that in Baseball-Reference or other encyclopedias. Maybe spring training? Also, there is a picture of him in a Packard/Packards uniform.<br /> <br />She also added that he had been involved in a publicized fight with Charles (Buck) Herzog, who himself was involved in some famous skirmishes. There was also a pitcher names Kuepper involved.<br /> <br />Any information on the Kim's great grandfather would be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks in advance for the help...<br />Ron <br />