PDA

View Full Version : Reprint Insanity

Archive
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Posted By: <b>TONY</b><p>A 38 Goudey reprint just sold on ebay for over $100<br />ebay item #180542019334<br />Am I missing something?<br /><br />This guy is krazy<br />Maybe because he clamed it was gem mint<br /> But so what?<br />it's a freaking reprint<br /><br />then he asks $10 for insurance, but optional thank God<br /><br />also didn't want to accept Paypal on expensive auctions, so you had to agree to pay a xtra $20 paypal fee, if u wanted to pay this way<br /><br />absolutely amazing<br /><br />then he highly recommends getting it graded because it's a lock 9 or mayve even a 10 on a good day<br /><br />why ebay didn'y pull this auction is beyond me'<br /><br />I wish I could work part-time for ebay & have the right to pull any & all fraudulent auctions<br />Wow, would I have a blast!!<br />only problem I could only close down a tiny % of the scam listings I see daily

Archive
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>It's totally out of control - this is when I wish ebay would allow you to block certain sellers. From the listing titles there's no mention about a reprint; then somewhere hidden in the description of the wonderful condition and the scarce card they use the word "reprint" (or one bozo who consistently misspells it "repint"). I wish ebay would clean this stuff up; you know whoever won the auction is expecting the real deal and will either not notice when it comes or know it right away; either way there's going to be a fight at some point between buyer/seller.<br />

Archive
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>for some reason I can't find this thru regular or advanced (completed auction) search? I will send it to my contact at ebay if I can find it and maybe get the seller warned or booted....

Archive
09-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Zinn</b><p>"also didn't want to accept Paypal on expensive auctions, so you had to agree to pay a xtra $20 paypal fee, if u wanted to pay this way"<br /><br />That is verboten per ebay and paypal rules. Auction should have been kicked by ebay before it went to the end.

Archive
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Posted By: <b>TONY</b><p>I just saw today on ebay a 33 goudey ruth reprint, advertised as such in a graded holder for $400<br />I emailed him & asked how much he was paying for these?<br />I think I won;t be getting a reply as he's in the card for around $10<br />nice markup if he can sell it<br />heck even if he got $50 still a great markup

Archive
09-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>I couldn't find it either using the search functions. That's about the third time now with an auction number that someone has posted on here that it doesn't work. I'll take a stab that ebay has a small glitch or something.<br><br>Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.