PDA

View Full Version : anyone know this email - SyFeRSoUnDsBK@aol.com?

Archive
09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>Just received this...has attachments to open...(I haven't) but noticed a couple other guys from here were copied the email as well.

Archive
09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>Don't ever open an email from someone you don't know that has attachments. That Email address looks fishy...

Archive
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Ed McCollum</b><p>asked them why several people on our board had gotten this email, and asked they reply without any attachments. Here is the repsonse...<br /><br /><br />Re: Interested in what you are sending to so many of us<br /><br />Attachments: <br /><br /><br />it is baseball card for someone who sent me and email requesting larger scans of the cards<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I sure didn't request it. Any of you?<br /><br />

Archive
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>Ed, I ended up deleting it. Wasn't that curious to take a chance to see a Homerun Baker scan. <br /><br /><br />Dave

Archive
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I occasionally get attachments from real people I don't know. I will open the attachments if they are jpg and the text makes it clear it's a real person with legitimate, relevant situation-- "Hi, I have this baseball cabinet card I wish you could help me with ... " It's unlikely someone sending out malicious code is going to take the time to research what I do and compose a personalized letter about a baseball cabinet card.<br />