PDA

View Full Version : ebay best offer question

Archive
09-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>hi everyone,<br />i am selling something for the first time with the best offer feature.....my question is: can the same person make more than one offer on the same item?<br />TIA,<br />andy<br />

Archive
09-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>You can send a counter-offer and then they can counter-offer and this can go back and forth until the item closes.

Archive
09-12-2007, 06:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>Yes. Once an offer has been "declined" or has "expired" you are free to make another. While an offer is "pending" you are not.

Archive
09-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob Dewolf</b><p>I don't know whether this is an option a seller can choose, but I've had this happen twice on separate items with different sellers who were using the "Buy it now" format: I submitted an offer and received an "offer declined" e-mail almost immediately. After I made two more offers and both were declined, I was prohibited from making any more offers on that item.<br /><br />The funny thing was, in one case, the BIN price was $1,499 for about a $500 card, but I really needed the card for my set. Figuring that I was going to get nowhere, I offered $450 to start and was declined immediately. Then $550, then $650 before being locked out. So I'm sure the seller thought I was screwing around when in actuality I was making a more-than-fair offer.<br /><br />I had not known that you apparently can set up an automatic-reject e-mail if an offer is below a certain amount. Nor that a buyer can be permitted to make only a certain number of offers.

Archive
09-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>I think there is an auto-decline option as the same thing has happended to me. I think after 3 declines you might as well email the seller and ask what he/she will take.

Archive
09-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I had two items up with Best Offer available last week and every single offer was ridiculously low. One fellow even asked me if I was going to consider his offer or not. It was only about 30% of my asking price and my asking price was less than the lot would sell for if I put them up singly on ebay. On one of the items I set an automatic decline and the other I did not set that option. I doubt I'll ever use it again as it was pretty worthless.

Archive
09-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Two days ago I saw a Ruth W553 on ebay with a BIN in an ebay store. I know it's a very scarce card so made an offer. It was quickly declined. I started a few emails with the seller, a very experienced one at that. After a few emails we settled on a price that was good for both of us.....After an offer is declined, and I really want something, I would rather just say "ok, what's it going to take?" ......regards