PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 most expensive cards ... realized prices

Archive
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>Hey guys, <br /><br />With the recent re-sale of the Wagner, got me to thinking about the top 20 highest prices paid for a card. Multiple sales of the same card not included. I have lately been putting together some T205 teams and noticed the PSA 8 Ty Cobb just fetched around $84000 w/ juice in Mastro's auction...funny, seems like no one even mentioned this on any board I read (or if they did I missed it). Guess $84K just doesn't garner the attention it used to...lol.<br /><br />I'm sure some likely candidates for the list are the T210 Jackson, Baltimore News Ruth, etc, but will be surprised that some may be lesser cards but in stellar shape (i.e. a PSA 10 or SGC 98). How many different and distinct T206 Wagners make the list? Interesting to see....<br /><br />Anyone keep tabs on such a thing? Or we could try to assemble a list in this thread...<br /><br />I'll start<br /><br />1) T206 Honus Wagner $2.8 Million<br /><br />Curious...

Archive
09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>obviously, the highest priced cards are going to be slabbed. Using Ted or Bobby's site should give you the top 20 results. <br /><br />Jay<br><br>The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Archive
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>I am a member of Bobby's site, but don't know a way to search on value...<br /><br />

Archive
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Shawn,<br /><br />On the homepage is a section called the Auction Market Report. In this section is the Top 25 and it breaks down the most valuable cards by sport.

Archive
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Can you give me a link to the website... cause i wanna see the list<br />thanks

Archive
09-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p><a href="http://www.vintagecardprices.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.vintagecardprices.com</a>

Archive
09-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>Bobby,<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />I'm usually in such I hurry to search for a certain player, I never pay much attention to the homepage...<br /><br />...that is certainly a quick and easy list. I knew there must be a reason I send you money every month! Ha ha...<br /><br />Keep up the good work,<br /><br />Shawn

Archive
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Preece1</b><p>Many of the very rare 19th century cards have sold in private transactions versus public auctions. I think you will find that the private prices realized will dwarf (on an individual card bases) the public prices. Unfortunately the prices realized on private sales are only known to a few.

Archive
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Bobby- the N370 Welch that graded SGC 84 actually sold for $9280, not $92,800 as you have listed. You added a zero.<br /><br />Also, what period of time does your list cover? I've auctioned two cards that would make the list but I don't know your time frame.

Archive
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Barry,<br /><br />The time frame goes back to 2005. We only put individual cards and not every sale of the same card in our list. Otherwise the top 8 spots would all be Wagner's T206.

Archive
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I was thinking the same thing...the list could easily be all Wagners!<br /><br />But if you take out the N370, you need to find a new #20. That number just didn't seem possible to me, so I checked REA's prices realized.

Archive
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>I will check but think that a cron runs ever night checking the list and should renew tomorrow.

Archive
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p><a href="http://www.collectors.com/articles/article_view.chtml?artid=3093" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.collectors.com/articles/article_view.chtml?artid=3093</a>