PDA

View Full Version : a few board updates

Archive
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I want to give a few updates on board stuff. First of all it has seemed slow lately but I guess there just isn't much to talk about and/or folks are active doing other things. The amount of Unique IP's (folks that look at the board) is very static at about 1100-1200 a day though. If you feel like posting a thread about a topic go for it...no one will bite your head off (most likely). I guess what we need is a good ole fight to break out (just kidding).....I don't mind a bit of calm every now and then. <br /><br />There is a new poll in place. It should be interesting and thanks to Joseph for the thought.<br /><br />The Alteration and Reprint Detection tab is taking a little longer than planned. It's something I am relying on others for and we don't want to rush it too much. I would rather it be accurate when it does come out. It will be a collaboration of industry experts. Heck, on rudimentary stuff I might even throw something in....but it will be good info when it gets done.....Sorry it's taking a little longer than planned. I think something will be up within a few weeks.....hopefully sooner. <br /><br />best regards

Archive
09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>Lots of people on vacation last week, school starting in the NE, I can see why posts are down. Happy September all!

Archive
09-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Posted By: <b>David R</b><p>Leon,<br /><br />When I click on the banner for Sloate Auctions tonight from the B/S/T page, the link takes me to Mastro Auctions. Not sure if the banner is wrong or the link?

Archive
09-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Leon called me yesterday to say he was going to take my banner down temporarily and give the spot to Mastro Auctions until my current auction ends, then I would return to the top for the home stretch. So the link works but the wrong banner is up.

Archive
09-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Barry and everyone,<br /><br />Sometimes your browser can "cache" onto a webpage and not allow you to view recent changes that have been done to it. The proper banner is up there with the proper link to Mastro however your browser may not be allowing you to see this change. If you are still seeing Barry's banner, try doing a "hard page refresh" by hitting CTRL-F5. If that does not work, try clearing your cache in your internet options menu and then opening a new browser window. That should clear things up for you. Let me know if you still have problems seeing Mastro's banner. <br /><br />Brian

Archive
09-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I just did what you said and I got the Mastro link. But otherwise I still see my banner at the top.<br /><br />Now it's Mastro's banner each time I refresh, and I see mine down in the rotating area.

Archive
09-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Leon,<br /><br />Thanks for the new poll. Also a tab for alterations and reprints is a good idea.<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive
09-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad</b><p>The new poll is boring (just my opinion), getting sleepy poeple!<br /><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NMShvQa4SI0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NMShvQa4SI0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Archive
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't care about your opinion.....(just my opinion)

Archive
09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Hmmmm...I too was only seeing Barry's ad until I hit &lt;ctrl F5&gt;. I wonder how many other people are seeing Barry's ad?