PDA

View Full Version : E101 Matthewson/Mathewson Variation

Archive
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Miguel</b><p>I didn't realize until recently that there were two "E101 Set of 50" Christy Mathewson variations -- one with the correct spelling of Matty's name, and one with two T's (i.e., incorrect).<br /><br />I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light for me on the relative obscurity of each of the variations. I've done some searching and couldn't find anything, but I think the correct spelling may be more rare.<br /><br />Thank you in advance for any help!

Archive
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Miguel,<br /><br />I'm not aware of this variation.<br />Do you have scans?

Archive
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I also only know of one spelling. This would be a new variation if it truly exists.

Archive
09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Didn't the E90-1 have his name spelled incorrectly? Maybe that is what Miguel has?

Archive
09-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I believe that both the E90-1 and the E101, among others, spell it with the double "tt". In fact, a surprising number of Matty cards are misspelled.

Archive
09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Miguel</b><p>Oh dear! It looks like I am probably mistaken. The reason I had thought there was a "correct" spelled version of the E101 is because I was using vintagecardprices.com's catalog and there is a "Correct spell Mathewson" variation listed. On further inspection, that seems to be the only E101 Set of 50 Mathewson that's listed, so I think I've just fallen victim to an unclear descriptor on the VintageCardPrices site.<br /><br />My apologies for the trouble, and thanks for the quick responses in setting me straight!

Archive
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Miguel,<br /><br />When you look at the card profile it gives you the name on the card..in this case for the E101 it is<br /><br />Matthewson<br /><br />then we point out it is misspelled and the correct spelling is Mathewson. We do that for all cards that have errors on them.<br /><br />