PDA

View Full Version : O/T Did Anyone See The New Ebay Search System?

Archive
09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Al Simeone</b><p>I see ebay is testing a new search or catagory system. After having tried to navigate it seems the old system was just fine!! This looks like a nitemare!! Would like to see what everyone thinks.

Archive
09-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>agree w/you ...it stinks

Archive
09-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Al Simeone</b><p>I dont understand why they would go thru all this trouble when the old system was just fine. They should be addressing the problems with the shill bidder system they put in place!! along with the many other problems they created with the "better changes for the ebay community" Take the time and do the survey that they put in place to do. Maybe it will sent them the message IF IT AINT BROKEN DONT FIX IT!!

Archive
09-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Kenneth A. Cohen</b><p>I gave them feedback yesterday and used the same word - stinks. I asked them if the same genious who thought up the anonymous bid list was the same one who devised this new mess. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Archive
09-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Again, someone in the IT Department thinking up something new just to save their jobs.<br /><br />If large companies want to save money and alleviate some customer frustration, they would find something that works and STICK WITH IT!!! Change juat for the sake of change (or saving somebody's job) is NOT the answer.<br /><br />If people in IT Departments don't have better things to do than tinker with something that works, then they should not be there.<br /><br />I was a telephone Customer Service Rep/Stock Broker for a LARGE financial company and it was inevitable that every six months or so, the computer systems would be changed when there was NOTHING wrong with them. I would then spend the next three weeks taking calls from irate customers because they couldn't access their accounts or place trades because they couldn't navigate the system. Also, during the times these changes were being implemented, the system would slow down or crash. This was our signal to get ready for the change and the angry customers which were going to follow.<br /><br />David

Archive
09-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>The biggest problem I have is it no longer allows you to filter your searches at all. No matter what search Ive used, it comes up with every card listed in the catagory Im searching rather than just the newly listed cards.

Archive
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric Brehm</b><p>You can revert to the old eBay search system if you don't like the new one. There is an 'Opt Out' link that you can click and you'll be back to the old search method. (I can't remember exactly where I saw that link; I think at the bottom of a search results page.)

Archive
09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>Thanks Eric - its right at the bottom of the page like you said. That's much better.

Archive
09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>To all,<br /><br />Isn't this new search system a BETA product?? I think I heard or read somewhere it is and that it is going to be forced down everybody's throat later on after the bugs and kinks have been worked out.<br /><br />David

Archive
09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Al Simeone</b><p>Thanks also Eric I couldnt hit the button any faster!!! Nice to be back the other way!!