PDA

View Full Version : Value Guide for SGC cards

Archive
08-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>I am sure it exists but in the boards opinion, what is the best published value guide for prewar sgc graded cards. I would like to have an idea of the market value of my collection for insurance purposes, but do not want to join a monthly club. Ideas? Beckett used to have their monthly magazine, does this exist for SGC graded cards?<br /><br />Ken

Archive
08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>SGC does not have a printed price guide and use VCP for all their values on graded cards. You have to pay to join the monthly service, enter all your cards and get the values. Then you can cancel the membership and come back at a later date to check on it again. You enter your cards into My Collection and it stays there if you are a paying member or not.

Archive
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>so you pay, enter the cards, get the value overall, and then cancel? How accurate is the guide in your opinion?

Archive
08-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Why not just go to Vintagecardprices, which is linked to SGC, and check actual sales prices for SGC graded cards.

Archive
08-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Ken,<br /><br />All values are based off actual sales in an auction format. VCP is connected to ehay and all major auction houses.

Archive
08-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>thanks, Bobby, <br /><br />Will check into it. I have about 10 t207 graded cubs and 10 e121 series of 120 Yankees and a slew of Elmer Miller Cards.<br /><br />Ken

Archive
08-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry</b><p>Bobby, I was wondering if the My Collection Values automatically updated with recent prices.<br />Jerry

Archive
08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Yes every time there is a card in your collection that sells it automatically updates the value.