PDA

View Full Version : baseballcardrepair.com

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p><a href="http://www.baseballcardrepair.com/" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballcardrepair.com/</a><br /><br />Um, seriously? Is this allowed? What the heck?!?!?!?!?<br /><br /><br><br>Jimi

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>"Please note that all of the above services are generally accepted by all grading companies as they cannot be detected in most cases ..."<br /><br />Is this a joke? If it isn't, it's amazing how low some folks will sink to make a buck ...

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p>I sure hope this is a joke!<br><br>Jimi

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard L.</b><p>If you check "examples" you'll see a new and improved 48 Leaf Paige, someone recently had one in an auction that brought big bucks, hope it's not the same card, gulp!!

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>This is what they say about "major" restorations:<br /><br />ALL RESTORED CARDS WILL BE MARKED WITH HIDDEN INDICATORS THAT WILL BE DETECTABLE <br />EACH GRADING COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED WHERE TO LOOK FOR THESE MARKERS <br />PLEASE SELECT CARDS ACCORDINGLY FOR YOUR PERSONAL COLLETION <br /><br /><br />It's the so called "minor" stuff that's undetectable. <br /><br /><br />

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>Holy Cow, Rest in Piece

Archive
08-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Wow! Click on the Goudey Gehrig and see what they did to it. Unbelievable (and scary) if true.

Archive
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard L.</b><p>And the borders on the 51B Mantle did some "growing"?????

Archive
08-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>Paige does not look like the same card. Resgistration is good on the before and off a bit on the after. Look along the left side of his face and the bill of his hat. I wouldn't trust these guys even if I wanted to restore my cards (which I do not).<br />JimB

Archive
08-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Posted By: <b>WP</b><p>The number is no longer in service. Clearly a fraud website.

Archive
08-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Posted By: <b>bcornell</b><p>C'mon. <br /><br />"ALL RESTORED CARDS WILL BE MARKED WITH HIDDEN INDICATORS THAT WILL BE DETECTABLE."<br />"EACH GRADING COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED WHERE TO LOOK FOR THESE MARKERS"<br /><br />That, in its pathetic "don't blame us when they smell the bleach" way, is all you need to know. Mr. Desmond will keep trying to offer his 'expert' services, but no one has to take him seriously.<br /><br /><br /><br />Bill<br /><br />

Archive
08-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>And collectors are willing to pay world record prices for pristine copies of baseball cards.<br /><br />I can assure you that many of these cards already exist in slabs with NRMT/MT grades on them.

Archive
08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Mccullough</b><p>Copy and pasted below repair and removal page...<br /><br /><br />REGARDING RESTORATION SERVICES<br />RESTORATION SERVICES ARE EXCLUSIVELY RESERVED FOR MAJOR STAR CARDS AND / OR VERY RARE ISSUES<br /><br /> * ALL RESTORED CARDS WILL BE MARKED WITH HIDDEN INDICATORS THAT WILL BE DETECTABLE<br /> * EACH GRADING COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED WHERE TO LOOK FOR THESE MARKERS<br /> * PLEASE SELECT CARDS ACCORDINGLY FOR YOUR PERSONAL COLLETION<br /><br /><br />I really have a hard time believing that they can restore cards like this but can't spell simple words on the website.. Notice the word colletion... It looks like I will have to wait for another restoration service to come around before I start submitting my beaters... Geesh!!!<br /><br />