PDA

View Full Version : T207 Grading Standards VS. Other Tobacco Cards

Archive
08-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Well I used to have a pretty Respectable T207 collection until I just got fed up with the grading standards SGC and PSA have. I have cards graded SGC 50 that are as clean and crisp as PSA or SGC T206 7's. Also it seems that more cards are graded authentic because of obvious manufacture miscuts rather than trimming. Are the grading companies harder on these cards because of their gloss finish and miscuts, or are they just a stepchild of the tobacco sets.<br />Also as a shameless ebay plug my entire T207 collection is up on ebay currently under captainhask, to further other set interests.

Archive
08-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>guess I'll soon find out. I just sent 9 T207 Cubs to SGC for grading. All nice cards, but some appeared to be miscut at the factory. Time will tell the story.<br /><br />Ken

Archive
08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>T207s are ruthlessly graded much the same way caramel cards are. I have a Birmingham with no creases or wrinkles, great gloss, cut well and with corners you could cut glass with and it came back an SGC 50. Oh well, buy the card....

Archive
08-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Bob, <br /><br /><br />Maybe have one of the auction houses submit the Birmingham for you. They might get a better grade. (I'm kidding, of course.)