PDA

View Full Version : OT- Posting of a picture to another web site?

Archive
08-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Sorry about this but I know someone knows the answer. Example: I log onto a web site I answer some questions, there is a box where I can post an address for a picture. I have a picture on my personal computer, where do I put it for this website to see? Not sure if this makes sense? Leon if this is too weird, just delete.<br /><br />Thanks joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>you will have to have the picture stored somewhere on the internet and not on your hardrive for it to post on a site. Most ISP's have free space you can upload it to or there are a multitude of low cost or even free pic hosting sites. I use Auction Hawk at auctionhawk.com to store and list items on ebay as well. It is fairly cheap with a ton of space and other features. There are many more I am sure others will mention as well.<br /><br />Scott<br /><br />

Archive
08-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>I use Photobucket to store all my pics. Its free and has a nice set-up. I have firefox browser, i just right-click on my pic and save image location. Then go to where ever you want to show it and paste...i use it here all the time. Just as long as your picture is in photobucket it will stay.<br /><br /><br />Edited to say: photobucket.com

Archive
08-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Thanks guys, I'll try one of those. I am using freewebs.com on a test basis.<br /><br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
08-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I second the photobucket nomination. It's free and I have almost 2,000 pics uploaded to my account and I'm using only about a third of the total space allotted to me.

Archive
08-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Ok, Mark or Dan or both. I put 3 pics onto Photobucket.com. The pics are there and I can see them in the album. Here is my question, if someone wants to see the pics, how do they access the web page? I tried typing in the address for example: photobucket.com/bbtigersite and message says cannot find that site. What am I missing or doing wrong? Sorry for bothering you. I am going to put some of my cards on the site. <br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>Go to the address bar on top. Highlight it and right click and hit copy. Now you can paste the address of your photobucket site to an email.<br /><br />If you want to post a pic in net54 then click on your picture and then move the mouse over the pic and right click "copy image location". then paste it in a post.<br /><br />By the way: i have firefox as a browser and don't know if its the same thing you would do for Microsoft IE.<br /><br />let me know if it works...

Archive
08-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>If you have photobucket and want to post pics here at Net54 just look below the post you are making and you will see a button for photobucket...just click on it and you may have to login...for some reason I don't always have to login, but other times I do..there is no rhyme or reason that I have figured out...anyway you can select your pictures right here and if you click on the URL it automatically copies it and then you can just paste it into your post. Very easy...unless of course you have 2000 pics on your site...then it's just best to do what Mark advised.

Archive
08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Ok, thanks for the help. Works fine, sent an email to myself and the pics were there.<br /><br />Thanks again Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!