PDA

View Full Version : delete

Archive
08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve f</b><p>amicable agreement reached

Archive
08-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>was the card rejected as auth? by becket? i guess what i'm ask is who rejected the card and how blunt were they over its authenticity?

Archive
08-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve f</b><p>Dennis, Ive had Beckett grade/slab other FroJoys. (PSA and SGC had stopped doing this long ago)<br /><br />Freddies have just posted "Questionable Authenticity" and on the way back.<br /><br />

Archive
08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>he should give you your money back. i guess you should leave feedback like this "sold me a FAKE card for $120.00 that was deemed fake by grading company refuses to honor his guarantee" maybe that will work...good luck and posting his ebay id here won't help him as i'm sure most here agree you should get your money back.

Archive
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Larry</b><p>This issue is not being graded by anyone anymore, it is most likely that they just cannot tell or rather not try to tell if the card is real or not. The grading services lately are all ultra conservative and not accurate always so maybe it is real, maybe it is not. If you take a 30x scope and look at the dot matrix, it should resemble a waffling pattern with some "spill over"<br /> of the ink, if it does not have this characteristic, it is probably fake.

Archive
08-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>If he wasn't sure it was real he shouldn't have offered it for sale. If it's fake he should return money.<br /><br />If the above was the description, one shouldn't have bid-- in particular with a Fro Joy. My requirement for bidding on cards is the seller should say what it is (not what it could be or might be) and guarantee said identity. As just said, if the seller doesn't know what it is, he should be selling it. It's easy enough to sell it at a later date when you know what it is. If you aren't certain what it is, but will give a refund if it turns out to be reprint, that would be more acceptable.<br /><br />If the seller makes it clear that the item is or very well may be a reprint, then bidder is making the choice to roll the dice and has to live with receiving a reprint.

Archive
08-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Joseph</b><p>Obviously, you shouldn't have bid. BUT:<br /><br /><i>They returned it with a voucher stating that they have no holder for these cards.</i><br /><br />Did you ask the seller for a copy of this voucher? I'll bet it doesn't exist. <br /><br />Clearly you have a case, but for $120 the lesson learned is a big one. Hang the FroJoy on the wall over the computer where you do you bidding...<br /><br />

Archive
08-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve f</b><p>Complete refund on the way... Thanks for the help.<br /><br />Joseph, This PSA flip whether real or imagined is irrelevant. <br /><br />Example; Some *unscrupulous seller can make the argument that the flip wasn't labeled "fraud/counterfeit" therefore it MUST be legitimate.<br /><br />Fact is, PSA <u>refused</u> to look at the card and this label is simply a receipt. In my opinion, issuing a reject flip is just another potential Can of Worms.<br /><br />*My seller has proven that he is too seasoned at selling (crafty), to use the novice scam mentioned.