PDA

View Full Version : 1933 delong lou gehrig in mastro auction

Archive
08-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I'd like the opinion of the forum on this card which is a sgc 88. The reverse seems tilted or something yet the lettering from the border is even. And what does this mean to the overall value and desirability of the card. Like to know what others think.

Archive
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>And your email and name?

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I chose to remain anonoymus(I hope I spelled that right).

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>will someone please answer this post.

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Anonymous, is the spelling...<br /><br />An SGC 88 card would be a nice card that would be desirable, and hold value well.<br /><br />If it were mine I'd either sell it or bust it out, 'cause I like the cards, not the grades. But I'm much in the minority on that.<br /><br />Is that what you wanted, Anonymous?<br />

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>no that's not what i wanted i wanted someone to look at the mastro 1933 delong lou gehrig and tell me what they think of the reverse.

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Ahhh.... that isn't how the original post reads.<br /><br />So I'm back at email and name... or someone else will play the game.

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>there's a reason i want to remain anyonomus that i'd rather no go into. i trying to ask a legitimate question and all i get is nonsense. forget about this forum

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>The reason we don't deal with anonymity is because people have come here before trying to promote items of their's that are in upcoming auctions. Without disclosing who you are, you aren't going to get much help.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach S.</b><p>Anonomononoymous,<br /><br />I believe what makes the lettering look a little tilted is the fact that the card is sitting at a slight angle in the holder. I measured from the top edge of the card to the side of the holder and again from the bottom edge of the card to the side of the holder and it's tilted in the holder. I think w/ the lettering on the back it makes the card look a little funny but when I turned my laptop on it's side and looked at just the card (and not the holder) it looks fine.<br /><br />Zach S.

Archive
08-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>thank you zach i am not trying to promote the card. the dealers i deal with monitor this site and i would not like them to know at this time i'm thinking about bidding in a mastro auction. this is because the deals i was looking at fell thru up to this point.

Archive
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>furthermore i deal in big ticket items and i'm tired of dealers monitoring this site and knowing everything i do.

Archive
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach S.</b><p>No problem, incognito. There are a ton of people on this board that take pending auctions, active eBay sales, etc. very seriously so don't be too upset if a few snap at you. It's sort of an unwritten etiquete thing here to not talk about them until the bidding is over because someone else who is looking at making a bid doesn't want the price being driven up and some people don't like the idea of promoting an auction (by talking about the postive factors) or hurting an auction (by talking about flaws)... hope that makes sense to you. Good luck w/ the Gehrig if that's your intention.<br /><br />Zach S.

Archive
08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Well I would have thought that such a big buyer/collector would a) already have an answer for the intended question, b) would be able to articulate a question with particularity, and c) would understand the anonymity concerns. And I still think that.

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>the big buyers/collectors flying below radar won't ever bother posting in this forum other than anonymously for reasons that were just made grossly apparent in this thread

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>2 of the biggest buyers in the hobby post here regularly, as well as numerous others with major collections, and all sign their names. Hasn't hurt them at all.<br />

Archive
08-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>And they would have known the answer to the question, they'd have never posted the question.

Archive
08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p><font color=blue>Frank -- Have you got a wild hair up you ass? Otherwise what is your problem?</font><br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
08-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>Frank, you're so polite and accommodating, a real role model for anyone wishing to learn social skills.<br /><br />-Al

Archive
08-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>I'm not a fan of anonymity, and not inclined to answer to you guys, either. Why would someone have posted such an inquiry in the first place... for the reasons Jay posted. He's right. And obviously my lack of civility has rubbed off on you two...

Archive
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>Perhaps, Frank, he posted his question because he'd like some opinions on the card. Perhaps he's considering bidding, but wanted to see if he could acquire a little more knowledge from the experts on this board before making a bid. <br /><br />But thank you very much for answering me. I feel blessed.<br /><br />-Al