PDA

View Full Version : OT - Mythbuster's is doing baseball myths right now.

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach S.</b><p>If any of you guys watch mythbusters they're doing baseball myths on the show right now. Some of it is pretty interesting.<br /><br />Zach S.

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>thanks for the heads-up!<br /><br />they're saying corking your bat will hinder, not help you. balls come off the bat at half the speed...<br /><br />

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach S.</b><p>I always wondered how cork would help hit a ball farther... I guess it really doesn't. <br /><br />Earlier they showed how leaving a ball in a humidor will cause it to fly significantly shorter than a regular ball. They did all the math and determined that in a normal sized bb field it could cause you to lose 60 ft or so off a fly ball.<br /><br />Zach S.

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>now showing clemens pitching, and high speed cameras are showing the physics of the pitches...pretty cool!<br /><br />it's on again at 1am EST (discovery)

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach S.</b><p>That tank with the flourescent (sp?) dye was neat. I'm flipping back and forth between Mythbusters and The Dirty Dozen... life is cruel.<br /><br />Zach S.

Archive
08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i'm flipping between mythbusters, yanks & mets...