PDA

View Full Version : 1865 P&S James Creighton

Archive
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Can someone give me all the information they know about the 1865 Peck And Snyder James Creighton Card? Thanks!

Archive
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe Pelaez</b><p><br />Search Posts area, and become a DIGGER.<br /><br />Joe

Archive
08-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Sean- when you came on the board last year you asked this very same question and I wrote you a very detailed answer. Did you read it?

Archive
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Sorry I read it but i dont remember it.<br />Im really sorry ill read it again.

Archive
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Okay<br />Earliest Baseball Card-1868 Atlantcs<br />Earliest Trade Card- CIRCA 1865 P&S James Creighton<br />Earliest CDV- 1860-61 Atlantics (i think that was the team)<br />Earliest Photo-1849 Daguerratype<br />Am i right guys?

Archive
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>You're in the ballpark.

Archive
08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Cool thanks Barry <br />Maybe my questions are over FOREVER<br />you guys are probalby cheering when u read this

Archive
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Sean- you shouldn't be discouraged from asking questions, that's how you learn. But when you ask the same question twice, it seems like you are not really reading the answers to them. No big deal.

Archive
08-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>Sean,<br /><br />You really have been much better this time about asking questions, and I think most people have noticed and don't mind it now. I don't think anyone would be cheering about something being your last question.<br /><br />By the way, I went to try to search for Barry's post about Creighton and didn't find it. I also didn't find a few of the things you listed that you found - so I think you are getting pretty good at it!<br /><br />Joann

Archive
08-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Joann- I vaguely remember discussing Creighton with Sean about one year ago. I too am not very good at searching old posts. It's possible the word Creighton was not in Sean's title.

Archive
08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I've learned over the years that the search function for Net54 really sucks. You might get a few hits that are spot on, but most of them don't seem to have much to do with what you are looking for. That's part of reason you haven't seen telling people to use the search feature. <br /><br />Jay<br><br>The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Archive
08-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>So the only things older than a 1865 P&S James Crieghton Trade Card is CDV'S Or Photos?

Archive
08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>First of all, we don't know the exact year that the Jim Creighton trade card was made. 1865 is a good guess but my theory is it is more likely 1867. He died in 1862 and all we know is it was issued sometime after that, as the back of the card discusses his death.<br /><br />The earliest baseball CdV dates to about 1861, and that is the Brooklyn Atlantics. It is the earliest one discovered so far, and it would be hard to imagine an earlier one.

Archive
08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Posted By: <b>DMcD</b><p>Sean: I think you have matured alot since last year and you are welcome here as far as I am concerned. You have started some good threads and I hope you continue to post. You have put up with a lot of crap from some of us and I am impressed that you have toughed it out. Keep reading, listening and asking. There is an awful lot to learn. And remember: this is supposed to be fun!<br /><br />David McDonald<br />==============<br />PS. The search function is pretty rudimentary. Wish there were some way to upgrade it.