PDA

View Full Version : longest time invested in completing a set then quitting

Archive
07-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>scott altland</b><p>what's the longest amount of time you've put into a set then quit? reason?<br /><br /> thanks,<br /> scott altland

Archive
07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Five years, D311 Pacific Coast Biscuit. Quit because they just are not out there.

Archive
07-31-2007, 07:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Ed McCollum</b><p>Lack of funds.

Archive
07-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>My goal is to collect one of every Jimmie Foxx card out there. Including variations. I have most of the tuff ones, some of the very easy ones, like the 33 Goudey, which are so very plentiful, and for rediculous reasons, is also one of the more expensive ones, and one of my least favorites, will have wait. They are like grains of sand, I can get one any time. My daughter is getting married in Sept. Hence, the lack of funds. But I will probably try and finish up after the wedding. Only time will tell...I'm hoping though. i am so close to finishing, I might as well do it.

Archive
07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Have you found a '34 Goudey Foxx #1 in nice condition. I'm having a tough time here in the Bay Area.<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive
07-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>3.5 years; $12k but I was able to sell out for $12k and still have some favorites left over....but I quit because it was obvious that many of the cards needed for the complete set were being manipulated \ shilled on ebay and rather then try and sort through I just sold out and turned my attention elsewhere.

Archive
07-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Peter, what is your definition of nice condition ? I see them all the time on E bay. Do you mean 5 or better? They are easy to find. let me know what grade you mean, and I will find one for you.