PDA

View Full Version : EBay Help: How to Reply to Negative

Archive
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>After eight years and 545 positive feebacks, I just got my first negative. My only consolation is that it was from someone who is a "nut" who was kicked off this board. There used to be a mechanism to repond within the feedback comments to the negative (I used to read these comments, but never had a need to place a reponse comment) but I can't figure out how to do this. Did EBay drop this capability? If they didn't drop the capability, how do I reply to the negative comment/statement?

Archive
07-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>Just go to your feedback profile. Down near the bottom of the page there is a bold highlighted item called "<b>Where Would You Like To Go Next? </b>"<br /><br />Click on the hot link that says "Reply to Feedback Received."<br />

Archive
07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>Thanks Kevin! I never would have found it. It worked great.

Archive
07-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p><i>My only consolation is that it was from someone who is a "nut" who was kicked off this board. </I><br /><br /><font color=blue>As opposed to we nuts who are still here.</font><br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Cy</b><p>I have found that best way to respond to a negative is to be gracious, but to remark something that it wasn't your fault. The worst thing you can do is to go overboard like the other person did. If you go overboard, buyers and sellers may think that you are a nut, as well.<br /><br />I received two negatives, both retaliations because their product was poor and I gave them a negative. I responded in the same way, something like, "Geez, this guy sends me a creased card, and stated it was Near Mint. Now he gives me a negative besides. I can't win."<br /><br />If you do this, you get your point across and others view you with respect.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br /><br />Cy