PDA

View Full Version : Did you buy a W517 from eBay seller "run4urdreams" in June? If so, please read

Archive
07-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p>In June, eBay seller "run4urdreams" sold about ten W517's. These cards included Grove, Collins, Cochrane and Foxx -- among others.<br /><br />I was the winner of the Grove W517. This card has several characteristics that are different from most other W517's that are known to be real. The card that I bought from "run4urdreams" differs from typical, real W517's as follows:<br /><br />(1) this card has brown dots in the border of the card where there should be only card stock<br />(2) the color portion of the card is slightly smaller than other W517's<br />(3) the font on the card is slightly smaller than other W517's<br />(4) the card has different card stock than other W517's<br />(5) the card was made with a different printing method than other W517's<br />(6) the card is slightly wider than other Grove cards that I have<br /><br />Please click the link below to read the other thread about this card. This thread will show pictures and give more information about my Grove W517.<br /><br /><FONT SIZE="2"><A HREF="http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1182897386/last-1184890054/Calling+All+W517+Experts..." TARGET="_blank">The Other Thread About My Grove W517</A></FONT><br /><br />I'm trying to determine if my Grove card is:<br /><br />(1) genuine, but a different variation than other W517's or<br />(2) fake<br /><br />I was curious whether the other cards that were sold by "run4urdreams" have the same characteristics as mine or whether they are identical to the real W517's that we've come to know and love.<br /><br />Please respond. If you don't want to respond publicly, feel free to email me privately.<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br /><br />

Archive
07-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Peck</b><p><br />Ebay has suspended the selling account for "run4urdreams". The buyer of the Foxx W517 left good feedback but maybe you could check with him to see if he has a different opinion now.

Archive
07-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Do you suppose that the font size is smaller because the image size is smaller? Is the e in Grove misshapened?

Archive
07-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>I vote fake.