PDA

View Full Version : any board members bid on this?

Archive
07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Buck-WEAVER-E135-Collins-McCarthy-185-GAI-19-Black-Sox_W0QQitemZ190130014479QQihZ009QQcategoryZ86841Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/Buck-WEAVER-E135-Collins-McCarthy-185-GAI-19-Black-Sox_W0QQitemZ190130014479QQihZ009QQcategoryZ86841Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a><br /><br />just curious

Archive
07-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark L</b><p>That's a pretty good price for a trimmed card. I thought about it but didn't bid.

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I have a trimmed M101-4/5 of Weaver, but the reason I won't put up the card (again) is that eBay's prices keep going up. <br /><br />

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>brian, what does this mean???<br /><br />"the reason I won't put up the card (again) is that eBay's prices keep going up."<br /><br />up for sale? or up on the screen to view?<br />

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Do you mean the insertion fees and final value fees? Probably...

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark L</b><p>I thought he meant that he won't put it up because as soon as he sells it the value will go up even higher and he will regret his haste. Anyway, I'm starting to think that if I'm ever going to put together an e135 set I had better accept the need to buy some trimmed cards.

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve f</b><p>Tough to find any ol' Buck's. If it had a blank back, I'da bid.

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>i've seen this pose on a few cards of bucks but i like buck's 1911 zeenut the best, so i bought it<br /><br />i had a blank back m104(?) i got from quan awhile ago but sold it to get the zeenut

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p> Yes, I mean insertion and final value fees. I apologize for the confusion.<br /><br /> I don't mean to get off subject. This is about a trimmed Weaver going for an obscene price. If I put up a card that goes for that price, eBay gets over ten dollars. Am I whining. YES. <br /><br /> Most times cards don't go for a large percentage markup. Do large card markups happen? Yes. Otherwise people wouldn't post lots on eBay. Is the percentage more often than not that the person selling the card only makes a few dollars which is cut into by eBay? Yes. The trick with eBay is the same trick as a power hitter in baseball. You try to hit a homerun, but there are a fair amount of strikeouts.<br /><br /> As for the card I have, I will hold off on posting a scan here because then that may be seen as soliciting offers. This is not the proper place on this site for that matter.<br /><br /> Congratulations to the seller. As for the buyer....

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>i've noticed ebay fees constantly rising over the past few years, there is now a ton of marketing including word of mouth...i rarely sell anymore due to those fees, and if you count in the paypal fees (which i think ebay owns) it makes it hard to be a regular seller, running a business on ebay is a different story

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>You are not going to put the card up because ebay gets $10.00 on almost a $300.00 card? You think that is too much? we used to setup at shows and pay $125.00 for the show and maybe make $100.00 or less. I guess I don't get the $10.00 thing?<br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Joe,<br /><br /> I don't setup at shows and I don't sell cards as a business. I try to sell cards I feel I can live without and eBay just keeps taking a bigger and bigger portion. Is ten dollars going to break me if this card sells for this price? No. If it doesn't sell, though, I am on the hook to eBay for about five or six dollars. It's these charges that add up, particularly on larger ticket cards.<br /><br />

Archive
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Hello Brian, I don't set up at shows anynore either, I just didn't think $10.00 was a factor if selling the card. I agree that when you try to sell something on ebay and it does not sell that stinks. I just put some 1953 Glendales on ebay and they did not sell. I lost out on those. But, these are rare 50's cards and I am pretty sure I can still sell them in the future and recover the ebay costs.<br /><br /><br />Happy collecting <br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!