PDA

View Full Version : Attorneys - Paypal

Archive
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Last month paypal (without my consent) started billing me electronically. I always received paper statements in the mail and never authorized electronic payment. To make a long story short the paypal idiots said that they sent me an email stating that this transfer would occur unless I told them otherwise. <br /><br />My bill never arrived and I didn't pay my June bill. I've paid in full every month prior to that and I have never carried a balance in the past. When the first paypal idiot called they indicated something about owing them $33. I couldn't figure out what that foreign bill collector meant. I called paypal back and spoke to someone and understood what was happening. The $33 was a minimum payment. Well, I told them to put me back to paper billing and I'd pay the bill (about 3 weeks ago). About a week later another call came through from paypal. I told them I hadn't received the bill yet. I told them to send another bill and don't call me back. In the past two weeks I've received no less than 10 phone calls from paypal. Two the past weekend at 8AM on both Saturday and Sunday. I called paypal today (Monday, 09JUL07) and told the US service agent to tell their foreign counterparts to stop calling me. The person in the US said no problem, they would not call for at least four more days and then only to see if the bill showed up. Well, I have received three more phone calls from those idiots today and I would like to know what I can do to them legally to stop the phonecalls? Who can I turn to? Is there some government agency to make a complaint to?<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>i guess its going to cost you $33. the next time they call, tell them to hold on and leave the phone for 1 hour. if they are calling from another country that phone bill will be much higher than the $33, do this everytime they call.

Archive
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Paypal is located in Omaha, Nebraska and I've never spoken to anyone on the phone with them that wasn't using english as their first language. I doubt they use a foreign company to do their phone calls. They have called me out of the blue on more than one occasion just to insure that certain transactions on my account were really mine.

Archive
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>What....do they expect you to pay them over the phone? Give them a credit card number?<br /><br />Something sounds a little funny about this. Maybe it's one of those Nigerian scams.<br /><br />If it is truly them calling you, go to your paypal profile, and list a fake number. Hopefully that will screw them up.

Archive
07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>paypal uses foreign labor to make phone calls. Regardless of what people may choose to believe, that's a fact. They knew that my minimum payment was $33 and they also left a message with the paypal phone number. I believe that you will get an American service agent if you call them but they use foreign labor to do their collections work. They better get their crap together or they're going to piss off the wrong person (someone that knows how to handle these matters, legally). I plan on contacting paypal, again, on Tuesday and I'm not stopping with the low idiot on the totem pole this time.

Archive
07-11-2007, 04:42 AM
Posted By: <b>T E</b><p>Pardon my ignorance here. Paypal charges me per transaction, deducting the fees off the top. How do you have a balance due? Does paypal charge buyers as well as sellers?<br /><br />Tom

Archive
07-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingbaseballgolf33</b><p>When eBay started managing paypal they sent a lot of emails wanting me to switch to a credit card source or bank source. I was doing the same, paying when I wanted - the setup is easy to use - sometimes you just have to keep track of your account. Why do you think they require credit cards when creating a new account for ebay or paypal, so they get there payment faster.<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
07-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>It's called paypal buyer credit. It's like a credit card. You can buy things on ebay and charge it to your account and then pay it off each month like a credit card.