PDA

View Full Version : Cameo Packs taken down by ebay

Archive
07-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If anyone was wondering what happened to the 25 Cameo packs and box I had listed on ebay, ebay took them down. They said it was prohibited to sell tobacco. Not sure how much more I could have said in the listing than I did about them being 125 yrs old and only a collectible. Ebay rules.....sorry to anyone that was watching and bidding...I had nothing to do with it....I wish they wouldn't have waited to the last 12 hours.....A""holes.....

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Does this mean that all tobacco packs will now be deleted from auction? Sounds like someone may have filled a complaint about the auction if they aren't banning all collectible pack sales<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Someone probably turned you in. I sold some cap guns on ebay a while back and did not put red stoppers in the ends and ebay ended them...meanwhile they let many others exactly like mine continue on. When I called my ebay rep they told me that someone probably reported it. I also tried to sell a sealed pre-prohibition bottle of Blatz beer that was ended early...as if someone would buy an 80+ year old bottle of beer to drink???

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>put them on B/S/T as an auction and people can bid on them.

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Someone might have reported me....I am not sure what I have done to folks but I am sure there are some people that don't like people for not much of a a reason. I might list them on the BST with a fixed price. I do see other packs being sold with cigarettes on ebay. I called BS in a message I wrote to them a little while ago..I am sure they won't care. Also, they could have noticed because I added a picture (revised) with just over 12 hours left...I was trying to be helpful to bidders. This is one if the things that really ticks me off about ebay. They don't know how to think.....It is also a reason I would love for them to have some real competition...

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Leon...<br />I sell Maker's Mark cigars/whiskey on eBay and as long as you have their rules listed in your auction, they can not remove it. If you did not, then they can pull it. Someone turned you in, it's happened to me by other Maker's Mark sellers who want to get an advantage on the market. Here is what you need to put in your listing:<br />This is straight from eBay rules....<br /><br />Selling Tobacco Collectibles on eBay: There may be instances where the particular collectible tobacco package is unopened and still contains tobacco. These sales of collectible tobacco items will be permitted as long as each of the following are met and addressed in the listing:<br /><br />The value of the item is in the collectible packaging, not in the tobacco itself.<br /><br />The listing description should state that the package has not been opened, but that the tobacco within is not for consumption.<br /><br />The collectible tobacco packaging must not be available at any retail outlet, and packaging must have a value that substantially exceeds the current retail price of that tobacco product in the package.<br /><br />Sellers must take steps to ensure that the buyer of these collectibles is at least 18 years of age.<br /><br />Buyers and sellers are responsible for ensuring that any transaction involving tobacco complies with all applicable laws and shipping regulations in carrying out the transaction.<br /><br /><br /><br />If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at david.goff@insightbb.com<br /><br />Good Luck<br />David

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I will email you privately too.....I do want to re-list them but find it very frustrating to have them taken down. I am sure I didn't list them exactly as you said...so that was my mistake...best regards

Archive
07-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>mr. moses</b><p>I have sold MANY tobacco packs sealed and not. Just cut and paste the disclaimer into your listing. True too that you're NOT allowed to take paypal for a tobacco auction. They don't catch you unless someone turns you in or they find out by accident. Everybody's gots rules.......

Archive
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I ran the auction again with the verbiage from ebay's website concerning tobacco. Now I just got this concerning them ending it the first time it was up. I am in awe. They made a mistake...<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Dear Leon,<br /><br />Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your tobacco listing that was removed from the site.<br /><br />Upon further review, we have determined that your item was ended in error. I have removed the violation from your account, and reinstated this listing. You should receive a separate email shortly to confirm that the listing is visible on the site. I have notified all bidders on the item of the removal error, and indicated you are free to relist the item. Even though the item is visible on the site, you will need to restart your listing. To do so, please follow these steps: <br /><br />1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may be asked to sign in. <br />2. Click the "Unsold" link under the "All Selling" heading on the left side of the page. <br />3. Choose the "Relist" link in the drop-down menu next to the item that you want to relist. <br />4. Click the "List Your Item" button on the bottom of the next page. <br /><br />If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and let us know.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br />Dag<br /><br />eBay Customer Support<br /><br />Original Message Follows:<br />-------------------------<br /><br />Form Message %44401% 021499<br />Subject: GS%S00209 May eBay End Your Listing - Report a Listing [#US A10 01000T ?01 ]<br /><br />User Feedback: 704<br />User State: ?01<br /><br />Browser Info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)<br /><br /> Home &gt; Help Topics &gt; Transaction Problems and Protections &gt; What eBay Can Do &gt; Why eBay May End Your Listing<br /><br />Message: HI folks,<br />I think it was totally wrong that you pulled my listing for the 125 yr old cigarettes I had up for auction as a collectible. No one in their right mind would try to smoke 125 yr old cigarettes and I had them identified as collectible only. You really made a mistake on this one....and I do have over 1200 perfect total feedback so it's not like I do too much wrong. Can't ya'll go after folks that are really doing bad stuff? This was just wrong..... (=PS &12363 JM119931088)<br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
07-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I remember when I bought a pair of running shoes at Famous Footwear. Inside the box were two anti-moisture plastic discs. Each disc said "Do Not Eat." If it weren't for those warnings, I would have eaten the disks. The wrapping paper and plastic tags weren't half bad.

Archive
07-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p><font color=blue>I must have missed that warning. Those gel packs aren't half bad. They taste much better than the blue water in the toilet at the back of the bus that I missed the warning on about not drinking.</font><br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com