PDA

View Full Version : Personal Thanks to Barry Sloate

Archive
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Donald Johnson</b><p>Hello,<br /><br />I'd just like to write about what a great guy Barry Sloate is. I don't remember if you read a thread about a month ago about a SGC 60 T206 Cobb that I had purchased from Ebay:<br /><a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/message/1178368679/Burned+on+Fake+T206+Cobb+in+SGC+Holder" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/message/1178368679/Burned+on+Fake+T206+Cobb+in+SGC+Holder</a><br />To make a long story short, the seller, either on purpose (or inadvertantly) sold me a laser copied Cobb that was inserted into a real SGC holder.<br /><br />As part of the appeals process to Paypal, a letter from an expert in Vintage cards was required. Barry was nice enough to take the time to write the letter free of charge.<br /><br />After a month and half, I glad to say that I finally got my refund from Paypal!<br /><br />Thanks Barry!

Archive
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Glad you got the refund!

Archive
07-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>My only question is how did the thief get the laser copy inside a SGC holder?<br /><br />Peter

Archive
07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Carefully split it open, removed the good card, slid in a copy, and somehow resealed it. What a guy!

Archive
07-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>Glad to hear that it worked out well.<br />And pleased to see how collegiality and camaraderie once again<br />is primary on N54--great work Mr.Sloate!!!<br /><br />all the best,<br /><br />barry

Archive
07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve f</b><p>"I woke up one morning and looked around the room. Something wasn't right. I realized that someone had broken in the night before and replaced everything in my apartment with an exact replica. I couldn't believe it...I got my roommate and showed him. I said, "Look at this--everything's been replaced with an exact replica!" He said, "Do I know you?" -Steven Wright<br /><br /><br />Great news Don. Barry WTG!

Archive
07-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Posted By: <b>rob</b><p>Reason #76 why Barry is one of the best people to work with in the business. Always there to lend advice and runs a great, personal-touch auction. Glad it worked out for you as well Don!<br /><br />Rob

Archive
07-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>Did the seller admit to this? Did the seller think he was selling an authentic card? Why does the seller still have a perfect feed back?