PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! auctions - RIP

Archive
07-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Posted By: <b>ErlandStevens</b><p>I never bought anything through Yahoo auctions, but I would occasionally take a look at the cards (and scams) in their listings. Apparently all bidding closed on June 16th. (On the bright side, Yahoo auctions are still up and running for Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan.) Will another eBay-style auction site be able to compete in the market?

Archive
07-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy Piccuito</b><p>watch what Google does, they just may have something in the future. There has been much talk about how Google could compete with their advanced database system and search engines.<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
07-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>Google will buy Ebay or they may merge....<br /><br />No, its not a hot stock tip.... i am just guessing.

Archive
07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Well a couple months ago E-Bay bought Butterfield and Butterfield, does that mean they are going to buy up other auction companies also. It's a possibility.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
07-05-2007, 04:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Just fyi, eBay bought B&B in '99.<br /><br />Edited to add: Just some more fyi, Bonhams bought B&B either in either 2k2 or 2k3 (i forget which).