PDA

View Full Version : 1915 Ornate Frame pin

Archive
07-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Hello! I'm new here, found the site poking around for info on an Ornate Frame pin I picked up at a recent estate auction. The auction had it tagged as a 1915 Ornate Framed pin from Ramly. Is that correct? What does the PM1 mean? I looked up some Ramly cigarette cards and it does look similar to those. I have it listed and running on eBay right now on a 10 day auction. I'm wondering if I should change my title on the auction to PM1 Ornate Frame. It is a pin of Dick Hoblitzel, the pin is in near perfect condition. Can someone tell me what this pin might actually be worth? I figure it must be worth something, a guy that missed the bidding on it offered me a hundred bucks for it right there. Should I raise my starting bid? I have had it running since last night and no bids yet but there are already 14 watchers since I checked this morning, so it is getting some interest pretty quick. Maybe I have something here better than I thought. I'd sure appreciate any help you folks would give me!<br /><br />I also bought a bunch of Churchman cigarette cards that I'm going to be listing when I have some time to do a little research on those. Any Churchman info?<br /><br />Thanks for any info that you might pass on to a novice. Have a great 4th of July. I'll check back later for any responses.<br /><br />Mike

Archive
07-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe Jones</b><p>Mike, <br /><br />The PM1 pin you have is real. It looks nice too. It is definatly worth more than $100 and you should expect to get at least $200 to $300. They were not associated with Ramly, and it has yet to be found where they originated from. Good luck with your auction! Nice Find!

Archive
07-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am glad you found our board and started a new thread. I would suggest you read the forum rules a little bit. You responded to a 3 yrs old thread recently and, when I saw this new thread about what you had responded about in the old thread, I deleted that post (not the whole thread). For the most part we don't respond to real old threads we start new ones, as you have done. There is no rule against responding to real old threads but we just don't do it...for a variety of reasons....good luck with your pin. regards<br /><br />ps...I just noticed you asked questions in 2 different 5 yr old threads also....I also deleted those particular posts...please refrain from doing this.