PDA

View Full Version : Trimmed Wagner Measurements - need info

Archive
06-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>The other thread with the fantastic large detailed picture of the PSA 8 Wagner allowed me to measure the outside card borders and the inner black border using pixels. Using my photo software, the card width is 488 pixels for the outside white borders and 427 pixels between the inner black border. The card height is 886 pixels for the outside white borders and 812 pixels between the inner black borders. These are averages.<br /><br />Therefore the actual card size is 488/427 (1.142857) wide by 886/812 (1.091133) tall times the black border size. But I just sold off my last T206. Can someone provide me with the dimensions, in inches, of the inner black border for a T206 card which should be the same for every card? I think Dave, T206guy did this for the whole card using precision calipers.<br /><br />edited the title

Archive
06-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>Maybe I'm wrong, and if so someone feel free to correct me, but wouldn't you have to know for certain at which resolution the original scan was made? For instance, I keep my screen resolution at 800x600 pixels, and on my screen that would be accurately (supposedly) translated at 72ppi (pixels per inch) -- in other words, a 72 sq pixel area on my monitor represents 1 sq inch when translated into the real-world. However, the closest I can get my scanner to that is a preset of 75 dots per inch. But how could someone know that for sure if I didn't tell them? (so now you know my dirty secret!) I believe there are other reasons, but since I am often brevity-challenged, this will suffice.

Archive
06-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>Correct. You can't do it that way. That's why I am using the ratio (white to black) compared to a known measurement (the black) as soon as someone pulls out a tape measure.