PDA

View Full Version : T204 Burkett currently on Ebay. Is it real ?

Archive
06-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul M</b><p><a href="http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=t204+burkett&category0" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=t204+burkett&category0</a>=

Archive
06-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Looks good to me..and judging by the bid history would say it is as well<br />

Archive
06-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>It's certainly real, but that's a dangerous way to buy a very expensive card. That bottom border is a little funky.

Archive
06-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>the owner should have graded it, would have got much more money for it. Then again , could be slightly trimmed but i have seen many slabbed T204 cards that look slightly trimmed also...

Archive
06-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron</b><p>I have e-mailed the seller regarding the King Kelly N172 he currently has up for sale on ebay. In the listing he mentions that the card is seperating on the right side. I asked him if the card had been rebacked. He stated he did not think so, but could not gurantee that it had not. That perspective gave me more to think about. Having the cards graded would definitely make it easier listing these cards.

Archive
06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>Watch out for those N172 cards that have been re-backed, there are a bunch out there. <br /><br />Without a doubt, he should have tried to get them all graded and maybe they came back as unable to grade.

Archive
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Looks real to me. The upper right hand corner/top border looks alittle funky as well.

Archive
06-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul M</b><p>I'm just worried about authenticity...and how I can explain the purchase to my wife if I win. Usually I just move the decimal point over when she asks me how much it cost !!!<br /><br />I always enjoy this site !! <br /><br />Thanks Again,<br />Paul

Archive
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>This has about 1 hour to go and look at the price, imagine if he had it graded. I Guess we have a bidder that got GUTS....<br /><br />If it were to be graded i think on a good day could get a PSA 7 but most likely a 6. Assuming it is not trimmed...

Archive
06-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>this seller has had numerous high $$$$ cards for sale over the last year or more...lots of rare and valuable old judge's...if my memory serves me. I do recall buyers' concerns which turned out fine.<br /><br />I personally dislike grading services...and I'm sure many others do as well. Someone should not be deemed suspect just because they don't use grading services...stupid maybe...but suspect?<br /><br />Is this selling leaving money on the table? Yes...but that's his/her concern...not mine!

Archive
06-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>some sellers sell cards without getting them graded, yes would get more if it was graded and sometimes I like selling ungraded cards. Some T204 cards are just great to add to collections, these cards are popular and I am not surprised by the price. The only question is it worth that much and a chance through eBay.<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
06-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron</b><p>I believe the seller is a member of this board. Check out the show me your Keefe thread. Looks to me like the N172 Keefe that is up for sale now along with his Burkett etc....

Archive
06-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>I also agree seller should not be suspected just because the card is not graded, he may not like graders and just keep his cards Raw. But, if you are going to spend that much cash i would make sure the card is not altered. <br /><br />Personally i think the card looks fine to me, but would look superb in a Holder with a nice grade....