PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Auctions

Archive
06-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>Has anyone looked at the live auction catalog. The have 10 1914 Cracker Jack Ty Cobbs. All different all in SGC holders.<br /><br />They also have a ton of undraded 1914 CJ and many are just doubles.<br /><br />Why in the world would you put so many of the same card in one auction, there is no way that won't hurt the value.<br /><br />At least get some in PSA holder for all the lovers?<br /><br />Thoughts, beyond the consignor requested it, because any auction house should explain to them that would not be the best way to go.<br /><br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
06-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric Brehm</b><p>That is a strange collection of 1914 Cracker Jack Cobbs -- they have consecutive SGC serial numbers, and they all have extra red ink in the top border, above the word "Cracker." What is that about?

Archive
06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>Possibly, if serial #'s are sequential, all are from the same consignment? Either way, very strange to throw them all on the table in the same sale. Also noticed 6 "NO NUMBER" 1914 Bresnahan's, a super-tough card. Hard to figure the reasoning, have to think Hunt is costing the owner(s) alot of money...

Archive
06-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>The auction house explained in the catalog that this was an original family hoard that was passed down. I'm sure they were all graded together. While having so many Cobbs gives one the hope of getting a bargain, I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Archive
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>the catalog describes that the consignor's family was involved in the printing of the cards.

Archive
06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Anyone get a bargain on one of those four T206 Plank's that were available in April? I doubt anyone gets a "bargain" on one of those CJ Cobbs.

Archive
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>While you won't get any of these cards cheap, I suppose if you've been in the market for a Cracker Jack Cobb this is the time to do it, because you have a good chance of at least winning one for a fair price.

Archive
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>With all the Cobbs having the red ink at the top, makes sense that the consignor family may have worked at the printers. Maybe they were rejected at the factory?<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!