PDA

View Full Version : Rod Beck a Throwback to Good Old Days Has Passed Away RIP

Archive
06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>I love it when relief pitchers have a wild mane of hair, it adds to the entire mystique of the closer. Beck was a three time all-star from the SF Giants glory days. A great player, teammate, and husband. We'll miss you here in SF. He has passed away at the too young age of 38. RIP.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Shooter was awesome.

Archive
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Joseph</b><p>duren, radatz, gossage, mitch williams, beck, the mad hungarian, turnbow...<br /><br /><br />god i love the madman reliever coming in...<br /><br /><br />beck was the real deal

Archive
06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>This hits a little closer to home than usual. Back in little leauge, I faced Beck twice...struck out both times. In high school, US Grant High in Van Nuys, CA, (Beck was two years older than myself) I faced him once during a tryout. Same result. He was so imposing on the field but a nice guy off the field. I remember him well and was proud of him for making the bigs. Beck also was resonsible for some rule changes in the way the City Title games were played. Grant had him pitch all games and won the City title. I think the next year the city put in a rule that you could not start the same pitcher twice in a row. <br /><br />Rod was a great guy who again had some issues with drugs, etc. RIP Shooter.<br /><br />Joshua