PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cracker Jack cards

Archive
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Ron</b><p>I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what<br />would be the main points to look for to see<br />if a Cracker Jack card is real or a reprint.<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any help.....

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Posted By: <b>John H.</b><p>The cards in the reprint set say "REPRINT" on the back.<br /><br />John

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>Most re-prints are of the 1915's (should denote 176 players on reverse) and are a heavier stock than the authentics...their reverse shows correct text as opposed to being (authentic) upside-down in relation to the front...a glossier finish than originals...darker text...<br />colors other than red (especially magenta) off...<br />Think there's a phony Home Run Baker on Ebay now that a reputable seller is categorizing as authentic..NOT so!<br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/1915-CRACKER-JACK-FRANK-BAKER-2_W0QQitemZ280119260379QQihZ018QQcategoryZ636QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/1915-CRACKER-JACK-FRANK-BAKER-2_W0QQitemZ280119260379QQihZ018QQcategoryZ636QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a>

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>John..just saw your post, the majority of re-prints out there do not say re-print on them..

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>edited since the question was already answered.<br /><br />

Archive
06-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Posted By: <b>boxingbaseballgolf33</b><p>the originals are very thin and fragile, also they seem to have staining most of the time - they also have a particular smell to them as most original pre-war cards do.<br /><br />Take Care<br /><br />Jimmy

Archive
06-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>"they also have a particular smell"<br /><br />Yes, I love that tea smell on all my vintage cards. <br /><br />On a serious note, the thickness of the card is a tell tale sign for anyone.

Archive
06-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>edited......<br /><br />I don't tolerate much anonymous crap...post your name and say what you want to....thanks.....leon aka moderator dude

Archive
06-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Posted By: <b>John H.</b><p>Well, to be honest with you, my Anonymous friend, I didn't dig my reprint set out to confirm that they say "REPRINT" on the back but most reprint sets do so I'd be surprised if the Cracker Jacks don't. My post wasn't meant to be sarcastic so I'll accept your Anonymous apology and I apologize to the fellow who asked the question if the cards don't say "REPRINT" on them.<br /><br />John

Archive
06-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Posted By: <b>John H.</b><p>Well, Ron, the Cracker Jack reprint cards that I have don't say "REPRINT" on the back so I do apologize for my erroneous post.<br /><br />John

Archive
06-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>The most obvious sign i look for when judging a cards authenticity is its font. The name and team designations are always much bolder in the cracker jack reprints ive seen. Also the red background color is brighter. Just look at some reprints on ebay and then look at the graded ones and you'll notice right away. Its the same with T206's. The fakes seem to always have the font in black instead of the dark brown, and its much too bold even if the color was right, makes it quite obvious.