PDA

View Full Version : Lowdermilk was my grandfather

Archive
06-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Posted By: <b>MIKE MUCCI</b><p>I have 1000's of photos of "Lurky" Lowdermilk, but have never found a T207 card I could afford to buy. Postcards, team pics, pitching pics, other players candid pics, as well as some of his brother Grover, who played for several teams including the1919 Black Sox - pitched the first game and gave up 9 runs (wonder how??)but I've been trying for decades to get my hands on a card. Yes he was my grandfather and I saw him a lot in later years.Help me!!

Archive
06-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>yep, he is credited with pitching in game one...very cool, so grover would be your great-uncle, i guess?

Archive
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>MIKE MUCCI</b><p>Grover only lasted part of the first inning.

Archive
06-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Posted By: <b>MIKE MUCCI</b><p>Yes, and was very wild as pitchers go. He hit many a batter and my mother said he had charged home plate before the batter could charge the mound. Must be why he went thru so many teams but Louis was more reserved and accurate, but WWI took Louis out of baseball and when he came back never could get back in the groove.

Archive
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I just looked Grover and Lou up and they both lived long lives, well into their 80's. If you have any other good stories about them, please share.

Archive
06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Babcock</b><p>And if you have any of your photos of Louis and Grover scanned it would be great to see them.

Archive
06-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>why not sell a few of your photos and buy the card.....<br />

Archive
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I will try to get some scans in. Louis also painted a lot later and I have several of them. The libraries and schools in the Odin/Centrailia Illinois area also have many. I'll put more info out soon.