PDA

View Full Version : Anybody started using this gavelsnipe service?

Archive
02-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>Thinking of signing up but wanted anyone's opinion that has used this service....is it really all free for as many snipes as you want? worth it? safe? etc.....thanks

Archive
02-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith</b><p>I have also been very leary of giving my ebay id and password to these sniping websites. Anyone ever have any problems with these sites?

Archive
02-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob Dewolf</b><p>I share the apprehension of providing my eBay password to a third party. However, I've used vrane.com for years and never have had a problem. You're allowed one free snipe at a time. There are several options for buying the service (by the snipe, for a certain period of time, etc.), and I've always found the cost reasonable.<br /><br />Hope this helps a little. Rob

Archive
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I've used hammersnipe.com for years and they've always been great. You get to WIN three auctions a month with their free service and I've never successfully done that.<br /><br />

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan</b><p>Sorry to bump after a few months, but I wanted to say that I use GavelSnipe almost exclusively now. Their Snipe-It service is the best I've used, and it's helped me win dozens of items. The only bad thing about the service is the amount of money I've ended up sending over PayPal! Unlike the other service mentioned in this thread, it's free for as many snipes as you'd like to put in, and it works on more than just eBay. For a sports fan, the ability to snipe REAL sports auctions at Heritage is invaluable.<br /><br />From what I can tell, it's perfectly safe and legitimate. It's been up this long without any complaints. <br /><br />-Dan

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...with no major problems for a few months now. I will say that in one instance, it placed my bid with about a minute left to go, and my proxy was bid into twice in that period, which might have cost me about $50 if it wasn't for another bidder that also bid in the final seconds. But since that episode, it's gone off without a hitch each time -- bidding with about 20 seconds left to go, which is safe -- though I did prefer AuctionSniper.com, which got me in with somethine under 10 seconds left each time, I do not really like paying for that privilege of 10 additional seconds, even though theoretically it could save me more money in the long-term.

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>I started with auctionsniper.com but realized i was paying more in fees then their competitors offered so i am now using bidnip.com and its worked great. Real easy to utilize as well

Archive
06-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>i set my preference to 10 seconds and it goes off without a hitch every time. I have won many auctions this way. <br /><br />I see Ebay has a new product Bid assistance. Don't use it but i think they are getting to the point where they may just buy out one of these companies.

Archive
06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I just started using the service yesterday and I have no problems with it, just enjoyment.<br /><br />

Archive
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan</b><p>T206Collector, <br />It looks like snipes go out 20-30 seconds before the auction by default, but you can change that behavior in the GavelSnipe preferences. I had the same problem you did and I changed my snipe time to 8 seconds and I got much better results.<br /><br />-Dan

Archive
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Trae R.</b><p>As many of you already know I am working with Chris B. to launch an innovative new sniping service in July.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.blazingbid.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.blazingbid.com</a><br /><br />To help our marketing efforts a little where/how did you originally find these services when you started to snipe? Google? Word of mouth?<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
06-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...I couldn't find where to do that.

Archive
06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean C</b><p>Paying others to snipe items for you just doesn't make sense to me. Occasionally I'll use Vrane.com (1 free snipe at a time), but for the most part I just use JBidWatcher. It's a free (no cost for the software or for snipes), safe (no trojan horses or any malware) program that you install on your PC (no having to give your username and passwords to potentially non-secure sites), and it allows you to either enter the auctions by item number or by dragging and dropping the URL into the app (a major time saver). I've been using it for a few years now, and I'd say that almost 95% of all of my eBay purchases are made through it each month. As long as you have an always on PC and always on Internet connection (cable modem, etc.), it's the best snipe system possible. <br /><br />And no, I have no financial interest or any stake in the program or company. I'm just a happy customer.

Archive
06-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Trae R.</b><p>I just noticed that BidNip.com doesn't use an SSL enabled signup form. You're potentially risking your eBay account be compromised by sending your information via their signup form unencrypted. That's not very wise on their part!