PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this auction to me?

Archive
05-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>Look at the bid history....what in the world? Don't think I've ever seen anything so confusing...<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110124382308" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110124382308</a>

Archive
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>the seller put in a quantity of 3.... because the lot included 3 cards.<br /><br />And then 3 people won.<br /><br />

Archive
05-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>So what in the heck do you do then Joe? Make one buyer happy and the others all mad and get two negatives? It's puzzling, I was watching this auction and thought on bidding..but wasn't around. <br /><br />Not sure either with an auction how the three all end up with $165 winning bids. Does it take the third highest bid and the two above it and each get a "quantity" of 1 for $165? I would think they would have to toss this auction out the door.

Archive
05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>confusing for sure. Who got what? Or is Who on first base and What on second? All BIN's? First come, first served? I thought that type of auction was not allowed as I tried it some years ago under a similar format where I listed 75 1960's commons and said "The highest bidder gets his choice of 25". Ebay killed the auction.

Archive
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>I'm guessing the seller has some apologies to make and a whole bunch of emails to try to work this out between himself and three other people.<br /><br />Glad I am not him.

Archive
05-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>What if all 3 wanted the Chesbro??? Strange auction...

Archive
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>I am thinking the seller just mistakenly put in a 3 for quantity because there were three cards in the auction.<br /><br />Not that he was trying to get three individual winners.

Archive
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>I saw this auction last night and was going to bid, but then saw how he screwed up his listing and accidently put quantity of 3 as if he had 3 sets of three cards, so ofcourse i passed. If i were him id write everyone and state hes going to relist the auction, as there's no way to complete the sale.

Archive
05-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Justin Manning</b><p>I was (one) of the high bidders. Seller emailed me and said that one of the others already payed and was selling the lot to them. I sent him a rather not so polite email. Justin

Archive
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>You should have said you thought you got just one for $165. If it was for all 3 you would have bid $500.

Archive
05-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>I bid on this while the price was still low, but then dropped out b/c I didn't understand the format either. For the low bid I put in, I decided it didn't matter if I won any one of the cards. But once it moved higher than that I didn't want to mess with it.<br /><br />J

Archive
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>Well unfortunately for the seller I think had he listed this correctly he could have gotten away with a bit more money. $165 is a good number for the one winning bidder (of the three) that decided to quickly pay....the other two (and I saw one replied here) might as well neg the guy for the way he handled it.

Archive
05-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Marty</b><p>I checked with eBay once and I was told that I could not show three cards and let the high bidder chose. I thought that it would be kind of fun to have a winner has choice out of more than one card, but eBay would not allow it.

Archive
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>kinda looks like a dutch auction in a weird kinda way...