PDA

View Full Version : Major set cards vs. lesser set cards

Archive
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>I am looking to sell roughly $10k. of vintage cards. <br /><br />Question - For the next 1-3 years, (opinions please) what market segment will show most value increase:<br /><br />1) T206 major HOF'ers in mid grade, EX PSA 5<br />OR<br />2) Higher end major HOF'ers, PSA 6 and 7, but from non-major set cards, ie Colgan's, S74 silks, PX7 Domino Discs, T202's, real photo W cards w575's and w502's, etc.<br /><br />The mid-grade T206 market has most definitely softened a bit in the last half year or so, and they are plentiful - more easy to replace. I am skeptic of near future growth.<br /><br />On the other hand, the "off-brand" market is so darn hard to peg because you seldom see nice copies in EX-MT PSA 6 and higher.<br /><br />Then again, everybody goes goo-goo gaa-gaa over the T206's - super high demand cards, but in reality quite plentiful.<br /><br />What to keep, what to sell ? Thanks, Steve<br /><br /> <br />

Archive
05-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>#2. My guess is that PSA 5/SGC 60 T206s will stay flat or at least grow at a slower rate than higher grade pre-war HOFers. Don't get me wrong--you will not have any trouble getting rid of nice 5/60s from T206 anytime soon, maybe ever. But if you're looking at what has a chance to double in the next 30 months, I'd go with the higher grades from some of the other sets. Maybe not Colgan's or the p2 pins, but the others you mentioned.