PDA

View Full Version : club-based set collecting

Archive
05-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Glenn</b><p>I'm aware that there are numerous collectors who are working on a "set" of Hall of Famers, some (though not primarily pre-war focused collectors) who are working on a "set" of 500 HR club members, some who are working on a "set" of 3,000 hit club members, and some who are working on a "set" of 300 game winners. <br /><br />I've considered putting together similar (but always more esoteric) sets, and I think I may have finally decided on one. I'm curious to learn what other sets of this ilk people here have completed or are currently working on. Players with lead-off extra base hits in the World Series? Middle-relievers who won All-Star games? Pitchers who started opposite Ruth? The 150 triples club? The 30-game hitting streak club? Youngest player to start for each team?...

Archive
05-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>To do Rookie of the Year sets or MVP sets or people who pitched no-hitters; we used to call them Topical Subsets. One of my former co-workers collected any baseball card he could find of player's signing autographs for fans.<br /><br />There are tons more<br /><br />Rich