PDA

View Full Version : Top ten list for T206 HOFer's by value...

Archive
05-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>I know we've seen a list before...but curious where everyone now would rank these players...some of the values have seemingly risen and fallen as of late...here's my list...maybe someone feels totally different...also, how about the one HOF that draws the least money for his T206's?<br /><br />1.Honus Wagner....ok that was easy<br />2. Eddie Plank...again, easy<br />3. Ty Cobb<br />4. Walter Johnson<br />5. Cy Young<br />6. Christy Mathewson<br />7. Nap Lajoie<br />8. Tris Speaker<br />9. Johnny Evers<br />10. Willie Keeler<br /><br />Least valued.... Joe McGinnity?<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
05-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>I dont think there is any "one" who always sells for less. Perhaps Beckley, Bresnahan, Mcginnity do sell for less but most HOF are all found around the same range, atleast in VG condition. Walsh, Willis, Clarke, Tinker, Chance, Crawford, Brown, Waddell, etc. If you check their prices there very simaler.

Archive
05-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>The "one" that sells for less was meant as a fun one...obviously not very accurate to pick...just wanted to see opinions on it.

Archive
05-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>However...Walsh, Tinker, Brown....I put those a category above what I would a McGinnity or a Bobby Wallace

Archive
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott L</b><p>my perception of McGinnty is that his prices are usually pretty strong. My list of the "most affordable" HOF's would be:<br /><br />Bresnahan<br />Wallace<br />Clarke<br />Marquard<br />Beckley<br />McGraw<br />Kelley

Archive
05-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Posted By: <b>PC</b><p>Least expensive T206 HOFers:<br /><br />Bobby Wallace<br />Vic Willis<br />Joe Kelley<br />George Davis

Archive
05-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>timing always plays a part in buying/selling hofer's, especially on ebay

Archive
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Flick.

Archive
05-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Posted By: <b>nbrazil</b><p>1.Honus Wagner....ok that was easy<br />2. Eddie Plank...again, easy<br />3. Ty Cobb<br />4. Walter Johnson<br />5. Cy Young<br />6. Christy Mathewson<br />7. Nap Lajoie<br />8. Tris Speaker<br />9. Johnny Evers<br />10. Willie Keeler<br /><br />Dave,<br /><br />That's probably about right. After 7, there's more variance in the prices...so, you might likely see mordecai brown or bender replace keeler or evers. <br /><br />I also find cy young to be more expensive than johnson. at least his portrait card is generally more expensive than johnson's portrait card (based on my limited sample).<br /><br />Least expensive: perhaps mcgraw...george davis (although still dont have his card!).<br /><br />The player i am having the toughest time acquiring is lajoie. he's right below the big 6, but right about the rest...and i just cant seem to nail down one of his cards at a price im comfortable with.