PDA

View Full Version : O/T help with ebay

Archive
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>Hey guys..this is not about cards unfortunately..but maybe someone here has had this happen...<br /><br />My wife won an auction on ebay last night and then also hit a BIN on another item...not cards, but toddler clothes and such. She paid through paypal last night...then gets a message today saying one of the auctions listings has been removed. It doesn't even show up now in her "items won" section....a couple hours later, the same thing with the other auction she won. These were two different sellers as well. I've told her to go ahead and change her password....she has contacted both sellers and asked for her money back at this point...I told her to give it 48 hours or so and she if she gets the money back before trying to go through paypal. Any other ideas of something she should do?

Archive
05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>Likely the seller's accounts were compromised. I had eBay send me a TKO notice saying my account was compromised during an auction 3 weeks ago. My account was not compromised and eBay restored the listing. Then they TKO'd the auction again for the buyer's account being compromised and deleted the entire auction. I gor a less than satisfactory anser from them about it but they acknowledged the mistake for the first removal. It took 10 days for a response from them though. Change your password and see what kind of messages eBay sends you. I find it amazing a site with as many hits as they have has so many security problems.