PDA

View Full Version : Richard Egan's "E" Book

Archive
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>One of the other threads mentioned Richard Egan's E-card book. I've never seen a copy. How tough is it to find one? Does it include any information that did not find its way into the Standard Catalog?

Archive
05-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>It is a series of lists...<br /><br />Have you Mr. Lipset's Encyclopedia on E cards?? That will give you an idea about lists for E cards. Same goes for the T card listing, a comparison of his list and others is set out for the white border set in Mr. Lipset's Twentieth Century Tobacco Card Encyclopedia.<br /><br />I suspect some old collector would have a photocopy of the lists.

Archive
05-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I do have the three volume reprint of Lew Lipset's book.

Archive
05-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>I would certainly buy a copy of Egan if available. Also, some of the T Card monographs other than Reader, Heitman and Lipset (I know there are least 2 other, author's names escape me at the moment). Heck, I'd buy a CD of the Trader Speaks or even some of the earlier hobby pubs if anyone ever scanned them all. Lotsa good info in the ads in the old hobby rags.