PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever deal with this Baseball Card Dealer?

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Greetings, has anyone ever done business with this dealer? I have provided the link to his website. I was considering making a purchase but have never dealt with him. Would appreciate any replies.<br />Thank You<br /><br /><a href="http://www.columbiacitycollectibles.com/menu/baseball/" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.columbiacitycollectibles.com/menu/baseball/</a>

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>picked up a few hard to find items for my player collection from them. they were quick to answer email questions and were nice enough to break up some items they had listed in lots on their website. items arrived very quickly. id deal with them again in a heartbeat.

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Jamie, thanks very much. I appreciate the feedback on this dealer. Have a great weekend.<br />Thanks

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob Dewolf</b><p>I've done 4-5 transactions with them over the years -- though none in the past five years or so -- and never had a problem. Good communication, prompt shipping, etc.

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Jamie, it's funny you mention emails. I sent them an email inquiring about one of their cards and they never responded. I then called them and they gave me the impression that I was bothering them with my phonecall. However, my real question here is are they honest in their business dealings? Sounds like you had a positive experience though.<br />Thanks

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Thanks Rob. Good to hear another positive experience with this guy. They rushed me on the phone when I called them and I asked if the card was still available that I was interested in and they could not tell me. He just mumbled something about they have a large inventory and would LMK by the end of weekend. That didn't seem very professional to me. I never had the chance to ask this guy about paypal since I was rushed. They mention that they have some restrictions. Does anyone know what kind of restrictions?<br />Thanks

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Mike and Cindy are good people. I have dealt with them numerous times. As you said they are not always prompt about returning emails, etc. but they have always shipped quickly.

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>CCC does take Paypal and the restrictions were not too bad as I recall. They can be slow to respond to questions but certainly honest. I got the impression their responses were less than ideal due more to disorganization or time constraints than arrogance and I think it's just Mike and his wife running the whole thing, soup to nuts. Move quickly if you want something, their inventory is quite liquid as they are a big dealer that advertises nationally.

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>I just waded through my inbox- I was wrong about response time over email. He actually took about 5 days between response. I do know once I paid the package arrived right away and this was only 2 months ago. He did allow me to break up lots for purchase as well.

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Are you guys sure you aren't talking about me? I certainly understand the disorganization thing. Only last night someone bought a card from my website and I had already sold it and forgot to take it down. I do try to be very responsive though.....regards

Archive
04-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Guys, thanks very much for the info on this Dealer. It is sounding much better. I think my question was answered to my satisfaction. Greatly appreciate it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.<br />Thanks

Archive
04-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>I can only speak from in person purchases. Mike & Cindy set up at every Ft. Washington (now Reading show). I've bought cards & memorabilia from them at those shows over the last 7 or 8 years. They are one of the very best & honest dealers I have ever met. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.<br /><br />Alan

Archive
04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Randy Trierweiler</b><p>I've dealt with Mike and Cindy since the early 1990s. I've dealt with them at major shows, many Nationals, thru the mail, and on the internet. Never a problem. The response time may be slow due to the massive inventory they have, and the packing and moving of tons of huge albums for shows. If you are asking about 1 or 2 particular cards, it could take awhile, but they are solid folks to deal with. The inventory of odd and unusual stuff is mind boggling.

Archive
04-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Griffin's</b><p>My transactions have always gone well, and they're pleasant at shows. They have a LOT of oddball stuff, and their booth looks a bit like Sanford and Son are now selling cards, so it doesn't surprise me that it takes them a while to check on things. In the end I'm sure you'll be happy.